Blue September 2021
10 male "Blue September" ambassadors will race to raise awareness and much-needed funds for prostate cancer.
DONATE HERE as part of the HRNZ Campaign
What is HRNZ Blue September
The HRNZ Blue September campaign is a partnership with the harness racing industry and the Prostate Cancer Foundation in New Zealand.
The harness racing industry is proud to be associated with such a good cause that raises money and awareness for prostate cancer. 10 male ambassadors throughout the country will wear HRNZ Blue September silks for all race meetings during September and raise money with every win they get.
Every win the ambassadors have during the campaign will automatically raise $200 for the Prostate Cancer Foundation in New Zealand. These donations are courtesy of HRNZ ($100 a win) and the Club where the race is held ($100 a win). A number of the ambassadors also have their own sponsors (details below).
All money raised will stay in New Zealand.
Supporting Blue September
Here are some ways the harness racing community in New Zealand gets involved:
- HRNZ donates $100 every time an ambassador wins a race during September.
- The majority of our clubs with meetings during the campaign donate every time an ambassador wins a race during September.
- Clubs hold Blue September events at their race meetings to raise awareness and much-needed funds.
- Ambassador sponsors donate per win.
- Racegoers purchasing merchandise and giving donations.
- Blair Orange
(will donate $100 himself per win)
- Robbie Close
(will donate $100 himself per win, $500 per win from Todd Racing Limited, $100 per win from Cavalier Trotting Products, Any Excuse Syndicate, and The Dumpster Syndicate)
- Korbyn Newman
($100 from Elite Asphalt, Colin & Nancy Hair, Craig O'Callaghan, Diamond Racing & Seahorse Supplements per win)
- Jonny Cox
($100 from Joshua Davine per win)
- Mark Hurrell
(will donate $100 himself per win, $100 from Craig Ferguson Racing Stables, Macca Lodge, Bathan & Jane Muir, JV Douglas Farrier, Lee's Dairy & Cafe, TK Meats, Premier Coatings Ltd, P & B Duffy, Olphert Contracting, Hyde Landscaping & GJ Gardner Homes per win)
- Zev Meredith
($100 per win from Tim Vince, Raelene Balle & Seahorse Supplements per win)
- Matty Williamson
($100 per win from Ripple Creek (an extra $100 if it is on a Ripple Creek horse) & a donation per win from Ripple Creek Owners) & $100 from Summit Bloodstock per win
- Zachary Butcher
($100 from O'Meara Racing & Diamond Racing per win, $50 from Whales Harness per win)
- Todd Mitchell
($100 per win from The Box Seat & $100 from Cambridge Equine Hospital)
- Brent Barclay
($100 per win from Brett Gray Racing Stables, $50 per win from Ailsa & Charlie Smaill)
- Auckland TC, NZ Metropolitan, Ashburton TC, Waikato BOP Harness, Methven TC and Banks Peninsula TC will all donate $100 per win each ambassador has at their race meetings.
- Oamaru HRC will donate $100 per win for Mark Hurrell, Matthew Williamson and Brent Barclay only.
- Invercargill HRC, Winton HRC, Gore HRC & Wyndham HRC will donate $100 per win for Brent Barclay and Mark Hurrell only.
- Wairio Harness will donate $100 a win at the Winton Meeting on 23rd Sep per Southern Ambassador
- Riverton Harness will donate a sum of $500 at the above Winton meeting to the campaign
Events happening during the campaign
Blue September Drag Bingo
Thursday 7 October (new date)
$5 from every ticket sold goes to Blue September - collection buckets also available on the night
Tickets are $20, includes a complimentary house or non-alcoholic beverage and three bingo cards. Get additional bingo cards with purchases.
Blue Do at the Races
Thursday 23rd September
Doors open from 5.00pm
Join us for a great night of harness racing action and fun while raising funds and awareness for the Prostate Cancer Foundation NZ.
TICKETS $65.00 incl GST
Your ticket includes:
- Buffet main and dessert
- $10.00 from every ticket sold goes to the Prostate Cancer Foundation NZ
- Live music throughout the night until 10.00pm
- Meet and greet with some of our ambassadors
- Racebook & Cambridge Raceway pen
- Free on-site parking