Industry Job Opportunities
We welcome harness racing industry role advertisments on this page.
Please get in touch [email protected]
Stablehand required for North Canterbury Stable
Must be able to drive track work and the abililty to ride track work is a bonus.
Contact Gavin Smith for further information - 027 541 9125
Expressions of Interest are sought for
a Managerial/Administrator role at Ashburton Raceway.
Ashburton Raceway is looking for an experienced and self-motivated administrator with a desire to grow their management skills. You will be able to demonstrate that you are a self-starter, well-organised, excellent at multi-tasking, can show initiative and are able to cope under pressure.
This is your chance to make an impact, see your ideas valued and put into action, and grow your leadership skills. You will be supporting the Management team at the Ashburton Raceway as well as providing other administration to the two host Clubs.
A knowledge of horse racing is preferred.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Act as a Minute Secretary for the Ashburton Racing Club (Inc), Ashburton Trotting Club (Inc) and the Management (Joint) Committee.
- Liaise with the respective committees in organising race days including sponsors – some weekend work is necessary.
- Providing excellent administrative assistance to the Clubs.
- Liaise with the parent bodies as necessary - NZRB, NZTR, HRNZ.
- Preparing and formatting reports which includes Grant applications, proposals and submissions, provide data and help with forms required by different groups, general correspondence.
- Promote racing in the district by working with the Ashburton Council and event management of NZRB.
- Co-ordinate the promotion of and hiring of racecourse facilities.
- Health and Safety - Liaison with Course Manager and course users, maintain register and be aware of the regulations.
About You - Key Attributes and Personal Qualities
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Be pro-active and have the ability to provide an independent voice/view.
- Flexible and adaptable with a can do attitude
- Demonstrated strong organisational skills, an eye for detail and a high level of accuracy
- Able to meet multiple and changing deadlines
- Proficiency in accounting software, XERO (preferred) or MYOB, sound IT skills and competence in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Administration tasks include invoicing – maintaining files and processing accounts for both receivable and payable.
- Ability to process wages, calculate and file PAYE and GST returns.
- Experience in customer relations is important.
These will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and close on 21 May.
It is envisaged that a short list will be compiled later that week with interviews to follow.
Note: this may not be a full time position with the hours negotiable to ensure the job requirements are fulfilled accurately. Some work could be completed off-site.