- Exciting opportunity in the racing industry
- Christchurch based
- Permanent – full time role
Harness Racing New Zealand (HRNZ) exists to work with the stakeholders in our sport to promote and regulate a thriving and positive harness racing industry in New Zealand.
We require an experienced analyst to extract and analyse data, and to present the information and recommended insights to the HRNZ management and Board.
The key objective of this position is to provide support to the HRNZ management and Board to assist with their decision making. We require a highly motivated, conscientious and self-sufficient person who is comfortable with extracting their own data and interpreting and reporting on information across a wide range of topics and for a variety of audiences.
What will you do in this role?
- Work on a wide variety of topics with many different stakeholders; with a mixture of project work and longer-term initiatives
- Contribute to industry wide changes that have a real impact on our sport
- Handle data effectively to problem solve and support achievement of key outcomes for our sport
- Contribute analytics expertise across our harness racing community and ensure consistency of methods and data
- Deliver work that is understood, explainable and reusable
- Actively participate in discussions to ensure a data driven approach from end to end
- Support awareness and understanding of the power of data
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Tertiary qualification focussed on business, statistics and/or information systems; a relevant degree qualification is desirable
- 3+ years analytical experience
- Exposure to SQL and BI tools
- Good commercial acumen and problem solving skills
- Experience in working with complex data and able to provide quality insight to support decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex issues simply to stakeholders
- Motivated to learn and master new technologies
- A team player
- An ability to organise tasks and manage time to consistently deliver in a timely way
For more information on the role, please contact Liz Bishop on 021 996 194
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to: [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 19 November 2021