Weanlings get their chance to shine
A total of 15 proven and emerging sires will be represented at NZB Standardbred’s weanling sale.
130 youngsters will go under the hammer at Karaka today (May 3) from midday. Previously they’d been included in the All Aged Sales – this is the first time a dedicated weanling sale has been held in this country.
Heavyweights Woodlands Stud and Alabar Farm dominate the sale, though there will be lots offered by individual breeders Michele Carson, Jason Teaz and Georgia Brooke Lodge.
For the first time progeny from the four-time Group One-winning Ultimate Machete will be on sale. There will be three colts and one filly.
The catalogue will also feature many siblings to stakes winners and progeny of stakes-winning dams.
These include :
· Lot 8 - a Bettor’s Delight filly out of Christian Cullen mare Queen Camille (NZ) offered on account of Woodlands Stud. She is a full sister to multiple Group-winning Henry Hubert (NZ), winner of the Group Two Christchurch Superstars Pace (1980m) and the Group Three Northern Southland Cup (2700m).
· Lot 19 - an Always B Miki filly consigned by Alabar Farms. She is out of Sheza Monkee (NZ) (Sands A Flyin), who is a full sister to nine-time Group One winner Monkey King (NZ).
· Lot 24 - offered by Woodlands Stud, a What The Hill filly out of Spur To Action (NZ) (Pegasus Spur). Her dam is a full sister to superstar trotter and multiple Group One winner Speeding Spur (NZ).
· Lot 105 - a colt by Sweet Lou out of Kamwood Elsie (NZ) (Falcon Seelster) consigned by Woodlands Stud. He is a half-brother to Group One Harness Jewels Four-Year-Old Diamond (1609m) winner Lancewood Lizzie (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight).
· Lot 126 - a filly from the first crop by Ultimate Machete out of Motu Racy Girl (NZ) (In The Pocket). Offered on account of Alabar, she is a full sister to Group One placed Vanquished (NZ) (Bettor’s Delight).
All weanlings purchased are eligible to be nominated for NZB Standardbred’s Harness Million Sales Race Series.
NZB Finance is pleased to offer further benefits to prospective buyers with a pinhooking facility through to NZB Standardbred’s 2022 National Yearling Sale in Auckland and Christchurch. Find out more by contacting NZB’s Finance Manager Eion Fraser at [email protected]
Online bidding is available for buyers who are unable to physically attend the sale. Head to standardbred.bidonline.nzb.co.nz to register for online bidding.
All weanlings have been inspected by an NZB Standardbred’s Cam Bray who is available to assist with evaluations, for more information contact Cam on +64 21 737 199 or email [email protected]