Junior Driver Series Information
There have been some slight changes this year to the guidelines of the 2023 NZ Junior Driver Championship and the Revell Douglas Memorial Series. Our website is now updated with all of the current conditions.
NZ Junior Driver Championship 2023
These guidelines explain how the drivers will be selected for the 2023 Championship and also state the qualifying dates.
- Qualifying is 1st January 2023 to 17th September 2023.
- The drivers will be selected with the three racing regions all being included in the selections (North Island, Canterbury, South of the Waitaki), the points table and a Wildcard
- All horsepersons holding a Junior Driver’s licence at the start or have gained a licence during the current licencing season will be eligible to compete (January, 2023 - December, 2023). If a Junior Driver moves to an Open or Graduation Driver during the qualifying period they will not be eligible to compete in the Championship. If a Junior Driver who has qualified for the Junior Championship moves to an Open or Graduation Driver after the qualifying period has ended an extension will be granted to that Junior Driver so they can compete in the Championship - they will move to an Open or Graduation driver at the conclusion of the Championship.
Revell Douglas Memorial Series 2023
Please see here for the 2023 Revell Douglas Series Conditions
- Races will be held at Hawera (x2), Methven and Cromwell (x2)
- All junior drivers are eligible should they hold a junior driver licence at the time of the race meetings above.
- Trainers must nominate their horse with the junior driver they will have driving for them
Australasian Young Drivers Qualifying Information
Please see here for the qualifying criteria for 2023 series.
If anyone has any questions please contact Courtney Buchanan at Harness Racing NZ - [email protected]