Fast10 Horse Racing information update
With just nine days to go to the first Fast10 Horse Racing event at Addington Raceway, Quick Horse Racing would like to advise the following information regarding the race day:
- Will have extra staff available and ensure that the judicial side of things is well in hand.
- Horses are expected to be on track ten minutes prior to race start time.
- A senior horseman will be available to assist should an inquiry occur.
- Horses will be allowed on track to warm-up before they are due to race – trainers and drivers are aware of the rules around this.
- In the event of a false start, the starter has been notified to keep the horses in line and continue around the track to re-start as soon as possible.
All trainers and drivers involved will be contacted once the fields are out to remind them of their requirements around timings. There will also be recommendations to have extra staff and carts on hand if they have a few horses racing. We will not be using Stridemaster on this occasion.
The numbers room will allocate the coloured saddlecloths and cap covers together and the cap covers will be collected by Starters Crew at the end of each race and returned to the numbers room for re-allocation. Fast10 will have a representative in the stables to assist.
There will be 11 horses selected for each race including one emergency. Ten horses will start with a grid of 6 on the front line and 4 on the second row. Nine races will be 1980m and one will be 1609m and all mobile starts.
To date we have secured eight of ten sponsors. These sponsors will receive the same benefits that Addington provides all sponsors. Sponsors will also be promoted widely on Social Media.
Pre Race Promotions
- Tony Russell will MC in the Silks Lounge.
- Ten minutes before each race, two promotional girls will parade a sign notifying guests of the next race. This will be choreographed to music. (30 seconds)
- Immediately following this a preview of each race will be broadcast into the room televisions.These previews will be pre-recorded and provided by Greg O’Connor and Matt Cross.
- One minute before race start, Matt Cross will sound the bugle recording to notify patrons the race is about to start.
- The promotional girls will be in the birdcage with the signs to coincide with the bugle.
Owner For The Day Promotion
This will be available to Silks Lounge Ticket Holders only. A losing ticket draw will be completed after race eight and ten people will be drawn and allocated a horse in race 10. They will “own” the horse allocated with the winners getting a photo in the birdcage and get to celebrate in the Winners Bar. They will be provided with a $200 prize from Fast10 Horse Racing, along with a set of Coasters. There will be no impact in any way on the real connections of the winning horse. This has been done to encourage ownership in harness racing.
Trackside and SKY1 Coverage
We are thrilled to announce that all races will be broadcast as a stand alone meeting on Trackside 1 in New Zealand, and the first eight races will also feature on SKY1 coverage in Australia, with the last two events on SKY2.
Thanks to everyone who has helped us get to this point and if anyone has any last minute suggestions, they are always welcome. We look forward to this being an exciting and successful event.
For further information on Fast10 Horse Racing, please contact:
Glenn Hames - [email protected] or 0272032746
Tony Russell - [email protected] or 0274326522