Additional Addington meeting gets green light, if required

In the event excessive entries are received for the NZ Metropolitan TC’s racing resumption meeting on Friday 29 May, the club sought and gained the approval of HRNZ and RITA to stage an additional meeting on Thursday 28 May (noon start) to accommodate a possible overflow of available horses stemming from the Covid-19 break.

Both the NZ Metropolitan TC and HRNZ are mindful of the desire for industry participants to get back racing and the need for NZ harness racing to generate revenue for its stakeholders.

Nominations will close, as advertised, on Monday 25 May at 1.00pm, however the club encourages trainers to Nominate as early as possible, either online via My HRNZ (preferable) or with Racing Manager, Brian Rabbitt.

Following the close of Nominations on Monday a decision will be made regarding the viability of the proposed additional meeting. The outcome of that decision will then be communicated to the industry.

RITA, RIU and other key service-providing organisations are prepared for the prospect of the additional meeting, next Thursday.

Should the proposed additional meeting be required it is likely to necessitate changes to advertised Programme Conditions for some races, to ensure balance within the meetings and an appropriate spread of races and horses. Any programme changes made will be communicated by the club to affected parties as soon as possible.

If it is determined that the additional meeting is not required, up to 12 races may be run at the meeting on May 29.

< BACK TO ALL

Related Category News

9 September 2021

Registrations open for Forbury Park drop-in sessions

People wanting to learn more about Dunedin’s Forbury Park and have a say on its future are being invited to register. . .

More
31 August 2021

HRNZ’s Blue September to go ahead

Harness Racing New Zealand’s Blue September Prostate Cancer campaign will get underway at Invercargill this Thursday despite the current Covid situation in NZ.

More