Tips for Gore meeting at Wyndham - Thursday
Form Analyst Andrew Fitzgerald makes his selections for today's meeting at Wyndham.
Race 1 – 12.13pm
Selections: (3) Sly Tricks, (6) Rock To The Boss, (4) Fleeting Major, (9) Heritage
(3) Sly Tricks made up good ground last week, has a better draw to work with. Each way claims.
(6) Rock To The Boss didn’t have much luck behind a wall of horses last week, with room to move he can play a part here.
(4) Fleeting Major was good enough to dead heat win a race in Cambridge, recent form isn’t spectacular but could surprise from new barn
(9) Heritage wasn’t far from them last time.
Suggested Bet: (3) Sly Tricks - Each-way
Race 2 – 12.48pm
Selections: (8) In The Groove, (3) Doctor Lavros, (2) Donald Trump, (1) Eilish Hall
(8) In The Groove goes on top for me, while he might not have the same ability as the two favourites, what he does have is manners and that will take him along way here.
(3) Doctor Lavros & (2) Donald Trump were both well supported on their debut runs and both made mistakes. Well related and their ability is above average.
(1) Eilish Hall can fill a top 3 spot at decent place odds.
Suggested Bet: (8) In The Groove - Each-way
Race 3 – 1.23pm
(9) Art Courage, (2) Mighty George, (7) Total Eclipse, (1) Northview Peg
(9) Art Courage never saw daylight last week, only horse drawn on the back row and has the services of Blair Orange. Tough to beat.
(2) Mighty George has drawn well and will likely be put on the speed from here and give them something to run down.
(7) Total Eclipse was a handy maiden winner last time, this isn’t a big jump in grade.
From the ace (1) Northview Peg has to be included in combos.
Suggested Bet: (9) Art Courage - Win
Race 4 – 1.58pm
Selections: (2) Mr Olympus, (6) Pearlspur, (4) Jannah Jaccka
(2) Mr Olympus did everything right and was sighted doing a nice piece of work in behind the winners at the recent trials on this track. Each-way claims.
(6) Pearlspur stepped quickly and only beaten a length at trials
(4) Jannah Jaccka hit the line strongly after a cosy trip on the pegs. Similar today would take her close.
Suggested Bet: (2) Mr Olympus - Each-way
Race 5 – 2.33pm
Selections: (2) Miss Auckland, (5) Changearound, (6) Lucky Galleon, (1) Alexis Rocket
(2) Miss Auckland burnt hard from the outside last week and led them a merry dance. She knocked up late but was only beaten a little over 2 lengths. Drawn a lot closer in this week and expecting her to lead again, with some fitness improvement under her belt, she’ll give them something to chase down.
(5) Changearound is knocking on the door for another win.
(6) Lucky Galleon was impressive last start, steps up in grade but talent is there
(1) Alexis Rocket is drawn to get a cosy run, trifecta and first 4 chances from there.
Suggested Bet: (2) Miss Auckland – Each-way – More place than win.
Race 6 – 3.09pm
Selections: (2) Sentry, (5) Airwaves, (3) Sir Brigadoon, (9) Jody Direen
(2) Sentry – Home in 56.5 at recent trials, has gate speed to lead over the mile and be tough to run down.
Forget the last start of Sentry’s stablemate (5) Airwaves, go on previous runs when beaten just 0.2L by race day rival Jody Direen. Can do it tough and is a must include.
The Michael House pair of (3) Sir Brigadoon & (9) Jody Direen bring strong form to this even and are both suited by their draws. Favouring Sir Brigadoon purely with the Blair Orange factor.
Suggested Bet: (2) Sentry - Win
Race 7 – 3.43pm
Selections: (8) Count Eyre, (6) King Cassidy, (5) Miss Bamboocha, (3) Spotlight The Valley
(8) Count Eyre looked as though it was the winner until making a break at the 150m last week. He’ll appreciate the bigger track here and looks the one to beat.
Bringing good Addington form to this event is (6) King Cassidy. Recent 2nd behind the talented Spy Da Moment, who has since won again, is great form for this event.
(5) Miss Bamboocha caught the eye at the recent trials with a strong run
(3) Spotlight The Valley dashed home late along the pegs last week and must be included in multiple bets with good manners.
Suggested Bet: (8) Count Eyre - Win
Race 8 – 4.16pm
Selections: (1) Mucho Macho Man, (9) Whata Razzle Dazzle, (4) Beta Than Love, (7) Major Punter
(1) Mucho Macho Man could be that horse. Last start 3rd was behind smart types, in good time, at Addington Raceway. Ace barrier draw and gate speed to be in a forward position.
(9) Whata Razzle Dazzle is drawn to receive a lovely trip in transit, any luck from the pegs and he’s got the speed to bomb these.
(4) Beta Than Love must be respected coming from the Michael House barn
(7) Major Punter is the one they all have to beat, surprisingly beaten last week but fitness under his belt should see him back to his best.
Suggested Bet: (1) Mucho Macho Man - Place
Race 9 – 4.50pm
Selections: (7) Mr Cash Man, (12) Over The Odds, (11) Midnitetraintogeorga
You’ve had to wait till the last but (7) Mr Cash Man is a very interesting runner. Purchased by the powerful N Williamson barn out of Canterbury and having his first start for the new ownership group today. Canterbury runs showed talent. Tote watch but should prove hard to beat.
(12) Over The Odds & (11) Midnitetraintogeorga both bring handy form to this and drawn out the back, with any luck they’ll be the ones swooping over the top late.
Suggested Bet: (7) Mr Cash Man - Win
Best Bets :
Race 7: (8) Count Eyre
Race 9: (7) Mr Cash Man
Race 1: (3) Sly Tricks
Best Place Bet:
Race 5: (2) Miss Auckland
Early Quaddie Numbers: R2-5
2,3,8 / 9 / 2,4,6 / 2,5,6
Late Quaddie Numbers: R6-9
2,3,5,9 / 8 / 3,5,6,8 / 7