Media Release - Australasian Young Drivers 2018
The Australasian Young Drivers Championship has been confirmed for 2018 and will be held in Brisbane, Australia at Redcliffe and Albion Park.
The dates for the Championship are Wednesday 21st November to Sunday 25th November.
To determine the participants for this year’s Championship we have applied the following criteria:
- The driver must not have attained the age of twenty five (25) years at the date of the commencement of the New Zealand racing season (2018/19 season) and must have been a Junior Driver during the 2017/18 season.
- If the leading Junior Driver’s (Leading overall, North & South) do not meet the above criteria the position will be offered to the next qualifying Junior Driver.
- The winner of the NZ Junior Driver Championship from the 2017/18 season will represent New Zealand.
- The leading North Island Junior Driver from the 2017/18 season will represent the North Island.
- The leading South Island Junior Driver from the 2017/18 season will represent the South Island.
If these conditions are not met by the Driver, the position will be offered to the next qualifying Junior Driver.
Drivers attending the Australasian Young Drivers Championship in 2018 based on the above criteria are:
- Alicia Harrison (New Zealand Representative)
- Benjamin Butcher (North Island Representative)
- Sheree Tomlinson (South Island Representative)
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
027 636 4355