Northern Education Co-ordinator
- Exciting opportunity in the racing industry
- Auckland or Waikato based
- Permanent – part time role
(25 hours per week)
Harness Racing New Zealand exists to work with industry stakeholders to promote and regulate a thriving and positive harness racing industry in NZ.
We require an enthusiastic person who can work remotely, to support and educate our trainees.
The key objective of this position is to provide on and off job training for harness racing industry participants within the NZQA framework. We require a highly motivated and driven person with a passion for educating and upskilling the young participants of our industry. A strong knowledge and background of horses and harness racing is essential, and an interest in education and animal welfare is preferable.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Educating and assessing our harness racing trainees
- Keeping records and results
- Completing stable visits in accordance with our processes
- Building and maintaining relationships with industry participants
- Monitoring the welfare of our trainees
- Updating and creating teaching resources and materials
- Liaising with the HERO manager and educators – day to day operational and promotional activities of the HERO programme, as required
- Adhering and promoting animal welfare standards
- The role may involve some evening work
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to travel and deliver the National Programme in the Northern Region
- Clean driver’s licence
- A strong knowledge of all equine related core subjects
- Knowledge and experience in the Standardbred (Harness) industry
- A background in education
- Perform to agreed deadlines
- Prepared to upskill if required
What’s on offer for you?
- Permanent part time position (25 hours per week)
- Flexible working environment
For more information on the role, please contact Natalie Gameson on 03 964 1200.
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to: [email protected]
Applications close on Wednesday 28 July 2021.