Harness Racing Quiz - Day 1 - ANSWERS
Harness Racing Quiz - Day 1
1. Is trotter Oscar Bonavena named after
A. An Argentinian Boxer
B. A Brazilian footballer
C. A Chilean Opera Singer
Answer: A - Nicknamed Ringo because of his Beatles haircut he had 44 knockouts in 58 wins.
2. Which stable had the first quinella in NZ Cup history
A. Mark Purdon/Natalie Rasmussen
B. C.C. Devine
C. Mike Berger/Warren Rich
Answer: C - Berger/Rich with Gracious Knight and Facta Non Verba. (2002)
3. Who drove $91 outsider Amaretto Sun to win the 2017 Dominion handicap?
A. Sheree Tomlinson
B. Clint Ford
C. Samantha Ottley
Answer: A - Sheree Tomlinson, at just 19, the grand-daughter of trainer Ken Ford.
4. Who would most usually use an alligator clincher, a nipper and a buffer?
Answer: C - Farrier – they are some of their tools of the trade.
5. Which of these North American racetracks is the oldest?
A. Meadowlands, New Jersey
B. Yonkers, New York
C. Red Mile, Kentucky
Answer: C - Starting in 1875 Red Mile is the oldest of the three and second oldest overall, behind the Historic Track in Goshen New York which started in 1838.