Harness Racing Quiz - Answers
1. What was Christian Cullen’s best time for a mile?
Answer: A - 1:54.1 at Cambridge 25/2/1999
2. When did Mark Purdon rein his first win as a junior driver?
Answer: B - 1982 (Dark and Dusty at Ruakaka Feb 1 1982)
3. Harness racing journalist Ron Bisman was long associated with the Trotting Annuals but what was his first book?
A. Harness Heroes
B. Cardigan Bay
C. Trotting Greats
Answer: B - Cardigan Bay (it was published in 1970)
4. Which two horses ran the quinella in both the 1981 and 1982 New Zealand Cups
A. Bonnie’s Chance and Armalight
B. Armalight and Hands Down
C. Bonnie’s Chance and Hands Down
Answer: A - Armalight won in 1981, with Bonnie’s Chance second, the next year the order was reversed.
5. In 2017 Phil Williamson trained his 500th trotting winner. How many had done that in New Zealand before him?
Answer: A - None, he was the first.