Harness News Desk - Content Creator/Coordinator
HARNESS NEWS DESK
- Exciting opportunity in the racing industry
- Christchurch based
Harness Racing New Zealand exists to work with industry stakeholders to promote and regulate a thriving harness racing industry in NZ.
This newly created role will help deliver on our vision: Harness Racing in NZ is growing, regaining relevance in the community and delivering sustainable returns to its stakeholders.
We are looking for a talented and adaptable person to run the harness news desk. You will be comfortable in the digital world, able to produce great copy, meet deadlines and happy to work as part of a team.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Producing and commissioning copy, such as meeting previews/reviews, industry news and profiles
- Producing and editing video and audio content
- Providing comms support to the Board, Chief Executive and the wider organisation/industry
- Managing relationships with mainstream media organisations
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- The ability to produce consistently good copy and meet deadlines
- A strong affinity with the sport of harness racing
- A deep understanding of the digital media landscape and social media
- A first-class work ethic and a desire to succeed
What’s on offer for you?
- The chance to make a difference and help engage more people in our great sport
- A great working environment and friendly team
- A competitive remuneration package
For more information on the role please call Darrin Williams or Peter Jensen on 03 964 1200.
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to: [email protected]
Applications close on Friday, December 13, 2019