- Exciting opportunity in the racing industry
- Christchurch based
- Fixed-term 3 month contract initially
Harness Racing New Zealand is the governing body of harness racing in New Zealand.
This role will help deliver our vision and strategic plan: Harness Racing in New Zealand is growing, regaining relevance in the community and has an increased focus on animal welfare.
As part of our commitment to traceability of Standardbreds whilst in the racing industry, we require an enthusiastic person to join our team.
What will you be doing in this role?
- Using an inhouse Infohorse database to obtain details on horses and related information
- Contacting owners and trainers of Standardbreds to determine the status of the horses registered to them
- Updating our database with the information regarding the horses
- Preparing reports for senior management on the status of horses and progress being made
- The role will involve some evening work, and these hours could potentially be worked from home
What will you need to succeed in this role?
- Computer literacy – must be able to use excel (training will be provided on the inhouse database)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- A good work ethic and be task driven
What’s on offer for you?
- Full time (37.5 hours) role for 3 months, which could be extended by mutual agreement
- A flexible working environment and friendly team
For more information on the role please contact Liz Bishop or Natalie Gameson on 03 964 1200
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to: [email protected]
Applications close on Friday 5th March 2021