Waikato Bay Of Plenty Harness - Friday 9th November
- 09 November 2018
Meeting: Waikato Bay Of Plenty Harness – Friday 9th November
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1000m Surface: All Weather
Race 2: (6) Whitehaven Beach
Race 3: (2) Vanhalem
Best Value Bet
Race 9: (3) Patanjali
Early Quaddie Race 2-5
6 / 2,3 / 2,4,5,10 / 1,9
Late Quaddie Race 7-10
5,7,8 / 1,3,4,6 / 3,5 / 1,2,8
Race 1: 5.41pm
Selections: (4) Sir George Bowen, (8) Safrakova, (7) Little Bro
Suggested bet: (4) Sir George Bowen - Eachway
Comments: (4) Sir George Bowen – was a touch unlucky last start at Alexandra Park when he was held up for clear running, finished on nicely behind Angus Burga. Maiden win at Cambridge three starts ago was very smart and with manners today he’ll play a part.
(8) Safrakova – jumps out of racing some smart types at Alexandra Park recently, latest run was her best in a while, can win this.
(7) Little Bro – ruined his chances with a break last start, prior form was strong against a similar field. Multiple must.
Race 2: 6.11pm
Selections: (6) Whitehaven Beach, (10) Tempo Rose, (3) Mhai Uptown Girl, (11) Bettor Edition
Suggested bet: (6) Whitehaven Beach - Eachway
Comments: (6) Whitehaven Beach – returns to Cambridge after taking on a smart Auckland field, prior two starts here were smart when driven forward and setting the speed in front. Expect him to roll forward tonight and be tough to beat.
(10) Tempo Rose – sat parked in a walk and sprint affair last week but she stuck on bravely for 4th. Improvement with everyone run so far, can win this.
(3) Mhai Uptown Girl – put in a sharp effort here two starts ago to only be beaten 1.2L by Aha Reaction, drawn well tonight and this field isn’t strong. Trifecta runner.
(11) Bettor Edition – has hit the line well from bad draws in his two runs since resuming from a spell, this draw should work out better and he can upset them.
Race 3: 6.38pm
Selections: (2) Vanhalem, (3) Flying Steps, (9) Women In League, (11) Westburn Yield
Suggested bet: (2) Vanhalem - Eachway
Comments: (2) Vanhalem – was only beaten 1L at Alexandra Park last start when coming from a bad barrier draw, returns to Cambridge and comes up with a dream draw. He should be trailing the favourite here and be worth an eachway bet tonight.
(3) Flying Steps – rolled to the front and got away with a walk and sprint home last week, she fought strongly to hold off a brave Macey Maguire. Drawn to lead again tonight and give them something to run down.
(9) Women In League – has drawn to get a lovely trip in transit tonight on the pegs, look for her late in the piece.
(11) Westburn Yield – boomed home at Manawatu to record her maiden victory. Can double up in this field.
Race 4: 7.09pm
Selections: (4) The Batmobile, (2) G B Maverick, (10) Courage To Fire, (5) Mathew James
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: Wide open race this with a big number of first starters.
(4) The Batmobile – is well bred and has won a trial last month, drawn well and tote watch on him.
(2) G B Maverick – had the one start last season and resumes here with that experience under his belt, workout winner last weekend and from the Kyle Marshall team who are kicking goals at the moment. Can win.
(10) Courage To Fire – won a fair trial back in December of last year. Ability is there and should get a good run through from the second row. Can win.
(5) Mathew James – has trialled nicely and hails from the Ray Green barn with Zachary Butcher in the cart, respect for the duo and this runner.
Race 5: 7.39pm
Selections: (9) Ideal Star, (1) M T Pockets, (5) Ideal Holiday, (8) Parker
Suggested bet: (9) Ideal Star - Eachway
Comments: (9) Ideal Star – was strongly supported when he won his maiden here two starts ago, followed that up with a very unlucky run at Alexandra Park when placing 4th. Smart type who looks tough to roll here.
(1) M T Pockets – has the good barrier draw and he likes to bowl along in front at his own tempo. If he’s left alone in front he can give them something to chase down.
(5) Ideal Holiday & (8) Parker – have both had a run under their belts since spelling, improvement expected with them both and they’ll play a part in this open junior drivers race.
Race 6: 8.09pm
Selections: (3) La Vitesse, (7) About Turn
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: (3) La Vitesse – showed nice enough ability last season as a 2yo when running behind some smart types. Given time to grow into herself and a recent workout win will have the stable confident. Drawn well here and she looks one of the main dangers.
(7) About Turn – will be strongly supported after his recent runs behind smart types at Alexandra Park, drawn wide but looks to be a leading light.
Race 7: 8.39pm
Selections: (7) Whataboyz, (8) Mortician, (5) Grenado
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: (7) Whataboyz – stormed home late at Manawatu to only be beaten 0.3L. Prior run was strong and he’s a leading chance in this.
(8) Mortician – drops in grade from Alexandra Park where he was only 4.6L away from KD Hall. Tough to beat here.
(5) Grenado – turned up with his manners last start and gave them something to chase down. Off the front if he steps clean he’ll have them chasing.
Race 8: 9.08pm
Selections: (1) Hold All Bets, (4) Liberal Arden, (6) Artanne, (3) Knights Desire
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella.
Comments: These low rating races are always tricky to pick but I’ve had good success of late with sticking with my top four runners and playing a boxed quinella and trifecta around them.
(1) Hold All Bets, (4) Liberal Arden, (6) Artanne, (3) Knights Desire – are my top four runners and all are must haves in the late quaddie.
Race 9: 9.38pm
Selections: (3) Patanjali, (5) Prime Sliver
Suggested bet: (3) Patanjali
Comments: The stable mates look to have a great chance here and these two look the leading chances.
(3) Patanjali – on her best Canterbury form she’d win this race easily, sliding blinds go on tonight after a fair first run in Auckland. Back left handed will help here and from this smart barrier she can roll forward and be tough to beat.
(5) Prime Sliver – got home strongly from well back off the pace at Alexandra Park last start, likes to be in front and if she can get there cheaply then she’ll play a part in this.
Race 10: 10.08pm
Selections: (2) Beat The Heat, (1) Great Fantasy, (8) I’m Just Awesome
Suggested bet: (2) Beat The Heat - Eachway
Comments: (2) Beat The Heat – was average last start but I’m prepared to put the line through that run and go on his tough 1.9L 3rd at Alexandra Park on the 26th October. Drawn well here in a wide open maiden field were manners puts you in the top pack from the get go. Can win this.
(1) Great Fantasy – has ruined his running form line of 2nd placings. Back to Cambridge tonight and from a good draw he can step into a good spot.
(8) I’m Just Awesome – has been strongly supported of late, 25m isn’t a worry here. Leading chance.