NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club - Thursday 11th October
- 10 October 2018
Meeting: NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club – Thursday 11th October
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Race 3: (2) Ultimate Sniper
Race 9: (14) Pro Surfer
Best Value Bet
Race 4: (6) Koromiko Eyre
Race 7: (4) BD Khaosan
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R6-9
Race 1: 5.11pm
Selections: (9) Romanite, (10) My Nikayla, (11) Xmas Bay, (4) Zulu Courage
Suggested bet: (9) Romanite - Eachway
Comments: (9) Romanite – did plenty of work at Timaru on Sunday, wide draw again but he’s been a few lengths better than this field in recent runs. Tough to beat.
(10) My Nikayla – hasn’t had much luck in her last two starts in the South since a good maiden victory – tricky draw but last shot at them will suit her especially if they run hard early.
(11) Xmas Bay – hasn’t been far away in recent runs, can punch through from the second row into a good spot.
(4) Zulu Courage – finished on strongly on Sunday when only 4.3L away from Highland Reign. Place best in this field.
Race 2: 5.40pm
Selections: (8) Zsa Zoe, (9) Eraser, (4) Sugar Cane, (11) Bacardi N Coke
Suggested bet: (8) Zsa Zoe - Eachway
Comments: (8) Zsa Zoe – has been super in her two starts since coming back from a spell, beaten by quality type Scarlett Banner. Wide draw but she’s the best horse here – hard to beat with a good run in transit.
(9) Eraser – cleared maidens well with a handy win at Oamaru, stepping up in grade but she looks to have the ability to win again.
You know what you’ll get when (4) Sugar Cane – lines up from the mobile, she’ll boom the gate and take up a forward position. Put a line through the last run after she was found to have problems. Value runner here.
(11) Bacardi N Coke – will improve greatly with the fresh run last week when he chased home a smart one, draw can work well – place again.
Race 3: 6.09pm
Selections: (2) Ultimate Sniper, (1) My Carbon Copy, (5) Slingshot (AUS), (10) Scorcha
Suggested bet: (2) Ultimate Sniper - Win
Comments: (2) Ultimate Sniper – looked like a star colt when winning at the Rangiora trials last week. Drawn well on debut and he looks to have a massive future. Almighty tough to beat here.
(1) My Carbon Copy – picks up another great draw for this run, expect him to hold the trail here and be in with a shout of running in the top three here.
(5) Slingshot (AUS) – hails from the All Stars barn, trialing well and they do have a good opinion of this gelding. Forward run expecting.
(10) Scorcha – is on debut and drawn to do no work and have one last shot at them, place best.
Race 4: 6.40pm
Selections: (6) Koromiko Eyre, (5) Ava Adore, (16) Held To Ransom, (14) Adam Patron
Suggested bet: (6) Koromiko Eyre - Eachway
Comments: (6) Koromiko Eyre – is from the Brendon Hill barn who has been flying of late and this gelding hasn’t been far away. Finds himself a nice barrier draw so expected to go forward and play a large role here.
(5) Ava Adore – boomed home late in the piece last start to only be beaten 0.7L, drawn well and she looks to be a handy enough mare who must be added into multiples.
(16) Held To Ransom – flew home on debut from the unruly barrier spot, similar here is likely but she can pick them up with some luck in the running.
(14) Adam Patron – stormed home to only be beaten 1.3L at Oamaru, can have one last shot at them and pick up his maiden victory.
Race 5: 7.09pm
Selections: (5) Ruthless Kayla, (8) McLovin, (3) Scarlett Banner, (9) Medusa
Suggested bet: (5) Ruthless Kayla - Eachway
Comments: (5) Ruthless Kayla – caught the eye last start when in a fresh state and recorded quick sectionals on StrideMASTER. She’ll take improvement with that run and can be tough to beat here.
(8) McLovin – is now having his third run back from a spell and he should be at full fitness now, slight drop in class here – can pick up another win here.
(3) Scarlett Banner – is a quality mare who did well from the standing start last week, front mark should put her into a leading position and she’ll give them something to chase down.
(9) Medusa – finally finished out of the top three last week, she still finished on strongly to only be 6.1L behind some quality types. Place from the back mark.
Race 6: 7.40pm
Selections: (2) A Bettor Act, (7) Ohanzee, (10) Hail Christian, (5) Bringitonhome
Suggested bet: (2) A Bettor Act - Eachway
Comments: (2) A Bettor Act – resumes from the All Stars barn and this fella did a nice job behind his handy stable mates at 2. Trial was okay and Natalie Rasmussen jumps in the cart from a good draw. Worthy of an eachway bet.
(7) Ohanzee – has been trialing well for the All Stars barn behind some handy types in Alta Maestro & Cullenburn. Drawn wide bit he’s a quality type who must be respected.
(10) Hail Christian – has been trialing against Ohanzee lately, won’t have to do much work from this draw. Last crack at them – eachway.
(5) Bringitonhome – has high gate speed so expect to see him scooting across the face of the field early before handing up to one of the favourites. Can hold on to finish in the top three.
Race 7: 8.11pm
Selections: (2) Winterfell, (4) BD Khaosan, (5) Muscles Galore, (10) Woodstone
Suggested bet: (4) BD Khaosan - Place
Comments: (2) Winterfell – is a jewels winner who is resuming here from the All Stars barn, winner of 5 from seven and hailing from the All Stars barn. Off the front tape he must be rated a leading chance.
The eachway value appears to be (4) BD Khaosan – who was sighted storming home into 5th behind Harriet Of Mot. He’ll only improve with the run. Value bet.
(5) Muscles Galore – has returned this prep in wonderful form and he’s now ready to take the next step up in grade here. Place best against this lot.
(10) Woodstone – has trialled strongly behind Winterfell last week, manners are key but he won’t be far off them, expected to improve with the run though.
Race 8: 8.40pm
Selections: (9) Bettor’s Heart, (3) Immortal Change, (6) Bardot
Suggested bet: (9) Bettor’s Heart - Win
Comments: (9) Bettor’s Heart – will prove almighty hard to beat here with her dropping back in grade, Mark Purdon takes the reins and she should be too classy for this lot.
(3) Immortal Change – has no gate speed but stormed home from far back in the field last week, drawn well but takes a big jump in grade here, place best.
(6) Bardot – resumes here on the back of a nice enough trial, showed good talent when winning on debut. Stable in form, can surprise.
Race 9: 9.10pm
Selections: (14) Pro Surfer, (6) Back In Black, (4) Doctor Tim, (11) Just Dance
Suggested bet: (14) Pro Surfer - Win
Comments: (14) Pro Surfer – went rough and made a break that lost him all chance, drawn wide on the back chance here but he’s a quality gelding who will be well supported here.
(6) Back In Black – put in a tough run when fresh up a few weeks back, better draw tonight and if he rolls forward he’ll give them something to run down.
(4) Doctor Tim – got home well for 3rd last week when paying a big price, drawn well and with a good trip you must have him in multiples while (11) Just Dance – is a sit sprinter who should get a lovely cart through early here – can storm home into a place.