NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club - Friday 14th September
- 14 September 2018
Meeting: NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club – Friday 14th September
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Race 3: (7) Mamma Knows Best
Race 6: (4) Huey Lewis
Best Value Bet
Race 8: (8) Nakuru
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R7-10
Race 1: 5.11pm
Selections: (6) Scarlett Banner, (5) Take After Me, (2) Sugar Cane, (8) Rum In The Sun
Suggested bet: (6) Scarlett Banner - Win
Comments: (6) Scarlett Banner –cleared maidens with a strong victory last week at this track and she did it easily. Stepping up in grade tonight but this isn’t a strong field and she can handle them. Leading chance.
(5) Take After Me – hit the line strongly behind Scarlett Banner here last week – continues to improve as a trotter and the 2600m distance is right up his alley here. Quinella and exotic must.
(2) Sugar Cane – was on her worst behaviour last week when she failed to score up behind mobile – she put up a massive run after that behind being checked in the home run. Mobile suits and barrier two with her gate speed should see her in front here and with options. Place value.
(8) Rum In The Sun – hasn’t been far away from them in recent starts and he drops in grade tonight – mobile and this distance suits. Look for him late.
Race 2: 5.36pm
Selections: (2) Ohoka Chopper, (4) Johnny White, (3) Voodoo Prince, (11) Global Domination
Suggested bet: (2) Ohoka Chopper - Place
Comments: (2) Ohoka Chopper – is a nice type who needed the blow out last start – drawn well here and can provide some value in this field.
(4) Johnny White – worked to the front before getting away with some cheap sectionals but the speedy Sails picked him up in the home run. Drawn well and similar run likely – eachway claims.
(3) Voodoo Prince – is another handy type who will have improved a lot out of the first up run. Drawn well, exotic bets must.
(11) Global Domination – was strongly backed on the fixed odds last start and he got the chocolates, drawn to punch through into a handy spot here and he’s a well bred colt who can go on with it.
Race 3: 6.06pm
Selections: (7) Mamma Knows Best, (1) Mongolian Machete, (5) Flashazz
Suggested bet: (7) Mamma Knows Best - Eachway
Comments: Looks to be a three horse race this with three smart maidens who all look to have the ability to climb through the grades.
(7) Mamma Knows Best – found her way straight into the black book with her run here three weeks ago, she did plenty wrong but stormed home late in the piece to finish a 1.3L 3rd behind Nakuru. Wide draw gives the others a advantage over the 1980m but if they bowl along in front then she can fly home over the top of them. Value option.
(1) Mongolian Machete – did well from a bad barrier last start at Gore. He worked around them that day and was run down by a handy type late in the piece. Barrier one tonight over the short course distance will suit, expect him to lead or trail one of the other more favoured runners. Quaddie must and tough to beat.
(5) Flashazz – recorded strong sectionals on the StrideMASTER timer when on debut here last month. Better draw and she looks to be a nice type – leading chance in here and no reason she can’t win.
Race 4: 6.36pm
Selections: (6) Habibi Inta, (2) Jen Jaccka, (1) Ronald J, (9) Bordeaux
Suggested bet: (6) Habibi Inta - Win
Comments: Open class racing is back and this is possibly one of the best trot fields we’ve seen in a while. Plenty of questions will be answered tonight with the amount of runners who come into this event in a fresh state.
(6) Habibi Inta – Jewels winner resuming here after being in super form last season. Paul Nairn usually has them flying fresh and if the word around is right he is ready to go. Tough to beat.
(2) Jen Jaccka – was only 0.5L away from a handy Monkey’s Way – drawn well and he might be able to get across to the pegs here. Win chance.
(1) Ronald J – is a big bold trotter who has had a workout under his belt – barrier one is a question mark for him early but his life time stats and course and distance stats show you how good he is. Another win chance while (9) Bordeaux – is a smart type who resumes tonight – Mark Purdon in the gig and although he has drawn badly his class must be respected.
Race 5: 7.06pm
Selections: (2) Stun Gun, (1) Pirate Bay, (10) Born To Run, (9) Hayden’s Meddle
Suggested bet: (2) Stun Gun - Eachway
Comments: (2) Stun Gun – continues to improve and surprise I few I think, barrier two tonight after a dominate win at Gore a couple of weeks ago – expect him to head forward and give them something to run down.
(1) Pirate Bay – was only 2.8L behind some smart types last and comes up with a perfect barrier draw here – eachway claims.
(10) Born To Run – maps to sit three back on the pegs here and get a perfect trip – smart type last season who can zip home up the pegs.
(9) Hayden’s Meddle – kept fighting all the way to the line last week but this week’s draw doesn’t help him. Good enough to do a touch of work and fill a place here.
Race 6: 7.36pm
Selections: (4) Huey Lewis, (5) Fynn Frost, (1) Flying Mister Ideal
Suggested bet: (4) Huey Lewis - Eachway
Comments: (4) Huey Lewis – debuted with a strong win and he looked to have a bit left at the finish – small field with a couple of handy maidens drawn well. Tactical affair.
(5) Fynn Frost – zoomed home to clear maidens with a strong performance last week, small field suits but tempo up front needs to be solid for him to zoom home again.
(1) Flying Mister Ideal – has had plenty of trials and workouts for Brendon Hill – barrier one in a tactical affair should see him sitting in the trail or leading here. Can win.
(2) Morningstar Gold – beaten by a nice type last week – expect him to lead here and try to get away with it, if he’s allowed to dictate then the short price will be right.
Race 7: 8.06pm
Selections: (4) Thefixer, (2) Captain Dolmio, (1) A G’s White Socks, (9) Alta Orlando
Suggested bet: (4) Thefixer - Win
Comments: (4) Thefixer – has been a class above in his two runs this prep – Mark Purdon takes the reins, can do work, can let down with a lethal sprint. Hard to see him not winning again.
(2) Captain Dolmio – was grabbed on the line last start by Thefixer – drawn handy and his standing start manners have been good recently – quinella and trifecta must.
(1) A G’s White Socks – was let down strongly at the trials last week to win – fresh up here is a tough ask but if he’s ready he can run a place.
(9) Alta Orlando – has been known to let down with a strong sprint and beat some favoured runners before – unruly suits him with his unruly manners but Ross Houghton gets on well with him and they reunite tonight. Value place bet.
Race 8: 8.36pm
Selections: (8) Nakuru, (3) Christian Lady, (5) Just Dance, (6) Queen Of Glory
Suggested bet: (8) Nakuru - Eachway
Comments: (8) Nakuru – did plenty of work on debut and got the job done nicely – only expecting her to improve with that run and this actually doesn’t look to be much of a rise in grade. Leader will prove tough to run her down but I think this filly has the most ability in this field.
(3) Christian Lady – loves to lead up and she would have won one by now if it wasn’t for the smart types in De Lancome and Kingmaker that have been running her down. Similar looks likely tonight but in front and out of trouble means she holds a leading eachway chance.
(5) Just Dance – is a sit sprinter who has been fired up lately and in the firing line – with a cosy run in transit she can let down. Mark Purdon in the Cran Dalgety colours tonight.
(6) Queen Of Glory – has been going along strongly in the junior driver races of late – wide draw but if they run along in front she can let down with a nice zip. Thin end of trifecta and first fours.
Race 9: 9.06pm
Selections: (3) Red Hot Poker, (1) Beyond The Horizon, (2) Medusa, (5) Flyinova
Suggested bet: (3) Red Hot Poker - Eachway
Comments: (3) Red Hot Poker – caught the eye zooming home last start off a back handicap – front tapes tonight and he loves to have a lead up – if he can lead tonight they’ll have to be good to run him down.
(1) Beyond The Horizon – has been in strong form here tonight and from the front tape with his good manners he should find himself in a handy spot and capable of filling another top three spot.
(2) Medusa – is in career best form of late and front tape tonight should see her on the speed and in with a leading shot of continuing her form line.
(5) Flyinova –has been freshened for tonight’s run and his form late last season was strong – can handle this grade and with a cosy trip he can let down late.
Race 10: 9.36pm
Selections: (1) Locked Out Of Heaven, (5) Fun In The Dark, (10) Scotlynn Justis, (3) It’s A Deal
Suggested bet: (1) Locked Out Of Heaven - Place
Comments: (1) Locked Out Of Heaven – worked hard last week and fought hard to the line – drawn well tonight with the ace barrier draw – eachway claims.
(5) Fun In The Dark – made a break behind the gate last week – runs of late has shown she’s running home well – good barrier in a weak field. Eachway.
(10) Scotlynn Justis – has drawn to follow the speed and with a cosy trip must be respected while (3) It’s A Deal – was only beaten 2.5L last start – drawn well – place chance in a weak field.