Forbury Park Trotting Club - Thursday 12th July
- 12 July 2018
Meeting: Forbury Park Trotting Club – Thursday 12th July
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1007m Surface: All Weather
Race 6: (11) Possente Cavallo
Best Value Bet
Race 8: (1) Collection
Early Quaddie R1-4
Late Quaddie R5-8
Race 1: 5.20pm
Selections: (2) Madaboy, (1) Fancy Women, (5) Pat The Monkey
Suggested bet: (2) Madaboy - Eachway
Comments: (2) Madaboy – was well backed last start after some gear changes and nearly got the job done, Blair Orange sticks with, tough to roll.
(1) Fancy Women – continues to find a few better and had her chance last week to win, place anchor in trifecta and first fours.
(5) Pat The Monkey – battled on behind them last week, prior form solid. Can upset.
Race 2: 5.45pm
Selections: (2) Jessie Kelly, (1) Bush Man, (7) Beaudiene Emerald, (8) Iamthedream
Suggested bet: (2) Jessie Kelly - Eachway
Comments: (2) Jessie Kelly – brings solid Canterbury form to the Forbury Park debut, gate speed to have a dig for the front, eachway claims.
(1) Bush Man – drawn the ace and has been around the mark of late, can win this.
(7) Beaudiene Emerald – was disappointing last week after a strong 3rd the week before, drawn wide but not a tough field. Quaddie must, along with (8) Iamthedream – who went close at Blenheim, Dexter Dunn jumps in the gig, tough draw but must be a player here.
Race 3: 6.10pm
Selections: (5) Kiwi Crusher, (7) Grey Power, (4) Dusky Eyre, (2) Och Aye The Noo
Suggested bet: (5) Kiwi Crusher - Eachway
Comments: (5) Kiwi Crusher – has been freshened and with the Graeme Anderson/Dexter Dunn doing the training and driving here he must be a huge chance.
(7) Grey Power – has been up and down in recent starts, ability would take him close here but a tough 35m back mark.
(4) Dusky Eyre – upset them with a beautiful Robbie Close drive last week, quick stand start manners will put him in a forward spot again and he won’t start at such a long price tonight.
(2) Och Aye The Noo – did everything he could to try and run down Dusky Eyre last week, swing in the handicaps helps him.
Race 4: 6.35pm
Selections: (2) El Capitan, (4) Omar Sharif
Suggested bet: (2) El Capitan - Eachway
Comments: (2) El Capitan – is in career best form of late and drawn well here, should find the front early and then Luke Whittaker has options.
(4) Omar Sharif – won well in a stronger field last week and drawn to head forward into a leading role here. Quaddie and multiples must.
Race 5: 7.01pm
Selections: (5) Matinee Idol, (8) Onedin Express, (10) Mad Dog Maddy, (7) Armstrong
Suggested bet: (5) Matinee Idol
Comments: (5) Matinee Idol – is from a strong Hunter/Williamson combo and he wasn’t far away from picking up a win last week, maiden victory isn’t far away and this field is very weak.
(8) Onedin Express – joins the Anderson barn, Dunn in the cart, previous runs have been disappointing but this isn’t a strong field.
(10) Mad Dog Maddy – went close to upsetting them on debut with a strong 2nd, good run last start in a better field. Leading chance here.
(7) Armstrong – has had plenty of chances, sliding blinds on, Blair Orange in the cart, win chance.
Race 6: 7.26pm
Selections: (11) Possente Cavallo, (3) Command Lustre, (8) Machie Mach
Suggested bet: (11) Possente Cavallo - Win
Comments: (11) Possente Cavallo – should prove tough to beat in this field after a strong run last week. Only getting out late she stormed home to nearly pick Omar Sharif up. Drawn well and a handy junior on. Hard to beat.
(3) Command Lustre – has an aggressive driver on and he has good gate speed with the blinds on, eachway claims in this field.
(8) Machie Mach – is coming out of the claimers series, has gate speed but from the wide draw he might have to go back and sit sprint over top of them.
Race 7: 7.51pm
Selections: (2) Jamies Bad Boy, (4) Tribeca, (3) Tom Rule
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: (2) Jamies Bad Boy – stormed home late last start from a terrible barrier, drawn well tonight and due to pick up a maiden win.
(4) Tribeca – galloped on the final when heavily supports, Anderson/Dunn combo get one more chance with him.
(3) Tom Rule – has gate speed and drawn well, recent form strong, can win.
Race 8: 8.16pm
Selections: (1) Collection, (10) Dodgethebullet, (7) Westar Sam
Suggested bet: (1) Collection - Eachway
Comments: (1) Collection – recent addition to the Hope Barn who wasn’t too far away from them at Timaru, drawn the ace from the stand start could be tricky, eachway claims
Quaddie musts behind him would have to be (10) Dodgethebullet & (7) Westar Sam – who have both been in strong form around this track and rate as eachway chances in this field.