NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc - Thursday 14th June
- 14 June 2018
Meeting: NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc – Thursday 14th June
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Race 2: (4) Bettor Beontoit
Race 4: (8) Shezza GNP
Best Value Bet
Race 3: (3) Wee Man Trouble
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R6-9
Race 1: 5.21pm
Selections: (4) Claus, (3) Den’s Legacy, (9) Aveross Rustler, (2) Myboylolliepop
Suggested bet: (4) Claus - Eachway
Comments: (4) Claus – is well suited to this amateur grade, he’s got high gate speed so I expect to see him in front early and from there Mike Maynard has options. He hasn’t been far away from them in these events of late so must rate as a nice eachway chance.
(3) Den’s Legacy – won well in this type of race two starts ago and has been in strong form, eachway claims from the barrier.
(9) Aveross Rustler – teamed up with his best mate Dexter Dunn last start and picked up his 10th career victory, draw wide but suit to this grade, eachway claims while (2) Myboylolliepop – has been a bit of a hand full lately for his drivers but from this draw I’d expect him to roll forward, and if he finds the pegs and hands to the right one he can spice up your trifecta’s and first fours.
Race 2: 5.47pm
Selections: (4) Bettor Beontoit, (3) Reklaw’s Gem, (11) Prestonpans, (12) Mahksman
Suggested bet: (4) Bettor Beontoit - Win
Comments: (4) Bettor Beontoit – has been well backed in this first two starts and hasn’t had much luck in them both. Drawn well for the strong Barron/Orange combo, tough to beat.
(3) Reklaw’s Gem – was only beaten by 0.7L last start at Rangiora, finally gets a draw to work with, won’t be a maiden for long.
(11) Prestonpans – did well in a fresh state a few weeks ago, drawn to punch through from the second row and grab a handy spot, place claims again while (12) Mahksman – has been well backed in recent starts for Mitchell Kerr, Dexter sticks with him but he hasn’t drawn too well. Place claims
Race 3: 6.12pm
Selections: (3) Wee Man Trouble, (10) Monrika, (8) Foreigner, (5) The Commando
Suggested bet: (3) Wee Man Trouble - Eachway
Comments: (3) Wee Man Trouble – hasn’t been far away from some handy enough types in recent starts, Dexter sticks with him and from a nice barrier he looks to be a eachway chance at a nice price.
(10) Monrika – has to come from the unruly but she wasn’t far away on debut when only beaten by 0.6L. Won’t be a maiden for long.
(8) Foreigner – tipped his driver out on the first day at Nelson before going for a run around the track solo, quickly caught he was able to line up on the 2nd day at Nelson where he produced a nice run for 3rd behind Chief Of Staff, another one who looks to have the ability to win a maiden in short notice.
(5) The Commando – is on debut from the Phil Williamson barn and has trialled nice enough, watch the tote on this runner.
Race 4: 6.37pm
Selections: (8) Shezza GNP, (3) Tyron Bettor’s Ella, (6) Miss You
Suggested bet: (8) Shezza GNP - Win
Comments: (8) Shezza GNP – has been a black booker in recent starts behind higher class pacers then she meets tonight, with this likely to be her last start in NZ, I would expect her to be put into the race and she should have too much class for this field.
(3) Tyron Bettor’s Ella – did plenty of work last start before being run down late, drawn to get a cosy trip and can upset while (6) Miss You – has been flying of late and got a well deserved victory last start, this is a step up but she can handle it.
Race 5: 7.02pm
Selections: (7) Over The Love, (12) Jaw D Nancy, (1) One Over Da Skye, (9) Light Year Franco
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: (7) Over The Love – gets into a well needed mobile race after blowing to bits early on last start, prior win was dominant, classy customer who looks tough to beat here.
(12) Jaw D Nancy – improved out of sight last start with the addition of half hobbles, John Dunn back in the cart tonight, upset claims.
(1) One Over Da Skye – has drawn well for this step up in grade, won well last start at this track and drawn to get an easy run, can double up.
(9) Light Year Franco – well strongly supported at Rangiora last start and got the job done for punters, drawn a wide barrier here but she’s looked classy since resuming. Win chance.
Race 6: 7.27pm
Selections: (13) Hundie, (1) Samskara, (10) Hayden’s Meddle, (12) Bringitonhome
Suggested bet: (1) Samskara – Place
Comments: (13) Hundie – has a touch of class about him as shown by his runs behind Tennyson Bromac three starts ago, a strong win coming from well back against Hayden’s Meddle two starts ago. Back to the mobile suits well and this draw could work out okay. Leading chance.
(1) Samskara – looks to have great place claims at a nice price in this field, drawn the ace and dropping back from the NZ Oaks (10) Hayden’s Meddle, (12) Bringitonhome
Race 7: 7.52pm
Selections: (5) Unique Rose, (11) Lightworkofit, (6) One Yankee Ginga, (3) Unique Marshall
Suggested bet: (5) Unique Rose - Eachway
Comments: (5) Unique Rose – is a well bred 3yo filly who hasn’t been bringing her manners to the stand starts of late, mobile is suitable and John Dunn takes the reins, eachway chance as she isn’t far off another win.
(11) Lightworkofit – broke even when behind the mobile last start, Dexter sticks with and he’s back into a winnable rating race. Eachway claims.
(6) One Yankee Ginga & (3) Unique Marshall – haven’t been far from the winners of late and can upset in this even field.
Race 8: 8.17pm
Selections: (5) J B Mauney, (3) Izzy Dagg, (1) Rock On, (7) Pitch Perfect
Suggested bet: (5) J B Mauney - Eachway
Comments: (5) J B Mauney – was well supported on debut but was forced to do too much work, watch the totes again as this fella trialled up well before his debut.
(3) Izzy Dagg – improved hugely to storm home at Ashburton behind his stable mate, drawn nicely here and with a comfortable trip he can win this.
(1) Rock On – was run down after getting it easy in front, drawn to trail her stable mate which could see her sneak up the pegs.
(7) Pitch Perfect – has joined the Matt Anderson barn which resides at Woodend Beach, Matt’s currently working for the Woodend Barn of Robert Dunn so it’s likely this runner has been training in with some of Roberts horses. Tote watch is required as he won well at the workouts when driven by John Dunn a while ago.
Race 9: 8.42pm
Selections: (6) The Director, (12) Sans Le Sou, (11) De Lancome, (10) Omar Sharif
Suggested bet: (6) The Director - Eachway
Comments: (6) The Director- has the gate speed to find the front in this field and it’s a wide open field with not many that stick out. Eachway claims in this field.
(12) Sans Le Sou – made ground late at Ashburton and is a handy mare when right, value runner in this field.
(11) De Lancome – drops out of harder fields then this and her run last start was strong, winning chance while (10) Omar Sharif – might have some traffic problems from a tough draw, fresh up run was strong so must be included.