Waikato Bay Of Plenty Harness - Wednesday 7th March
- 07 March 2018
Meeting: Waikato Bay Of Plenty Harness – Wednesday 7th March
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1000m Surface: All Weather
Race 2: (1) Lacey’s Lad $20 - win
Race 6: (12) Trouble Giero - $35 – win
Race 3: (1) Cherokee Warrior - $10 eachway
Early Quaddie R1-4
1,3/1/1,2,9/2,6,7 - $12 gets you 100%
Late Quaddie R5-8
1,6,8/12/3,6,8,11/Field – $21.60 gets you 20%
Selections: (1) Pay Master, (3) The Persuader, (9) Poppy Drayton, (8) Scanreco Bay
Suggested bet: (1) Pay Master - Place
Comments: The form in these amateur driver races in the north usually stack up with similar fields each week.
(1) Pay Master has started his North Island career with two solid runs including a unlucky run here two starts ago in a amateur drivers event, drawn well again and from barrier one he looks to be a great eachway bet but to kick us off we’ll get take the place money here to build a kitty for later on.
(3) The Persuader is having his first start in the North for the Wigg/Vince combo and their record in these races is ridiculously good, draw well and sliding blinds go on. Must be respected.
(9) Poppy Drayton is a nice enough mare who once again has drawn to do no work early and find a nice spot, her run last time when here was very nice and she is another top three player today.
(8) Scanreco Bay will boom the gate and try to run these along, run down by his stable mate last time, similar expected, first 4.
Selections: (1) Lacey’s Lad, (2) Ideal Star, (6) The Coordinator, (3) Power Dreaming
Suggested bet: (1) Lacey’s Lad - Win
Comments: One of the best bet’s of the night comes up early here with (1) Lacey’s Lad drawing perfectly in barrier one, this 3yo gelding was plunged in the betting on debut and disappointed when being run down late. The weight of money to make him start $1.75 against some handy horses last time is enough to show that Brent Mangos must have some time for this one. Drawn well and expecting an improved performance.
(2) Ideal Star drops back from Auckland to Cambridge tonight and has drawn well, tote watch on this runner after only being 2.7L behind Tiger Swift two starts ago.
(6) The Coordinator is trialing well for a handy barn, drawn a touch wide so on debut he looks a nice top four chance here.
(3) Power Dreaming is a 2yo taking on the older horses which is usually a red light, but his fella has drawn well and his runs against some nice horses have been solid enough. Place claims from this draw.
Selections: (1) Cherokee Warrior, (9) Ultimate Angel, (2) Sea Of Gold, (3) Racketeers Boy
Suggested bet: (1) Cherokee Warrior - Eachway
Comments: (1) Cherokee Warrior has been putting in some black book performances of late and tonight he comes up with another handy draw. Three starts ago on this track he sat parked for a majority of the way and only went down by 0.8L. Like start he worked hard and got home well in quick time to only be beaten 2.4L. Tonight from barrier one he should get a lovely trip and looks to be nice value in this event.
(9) Ultimate Angel gets a nice barrier draw to work with and has options on if they stay on the fence or come off and look to have to circle the field, this mare is a sit sprinter and needs to be saved for one last crack at them, if she’s close enough on the turn she’ll be tough to beat.
(2) Sea Of Gold has been a bit out of his depth at Auckland in recent starts but gets back to his a track he’s had good success on (3-1-1). Drawn well today with Zachary Butcher in the sulky, eachway claims.
(3) Racketeers Boy broke through for a handy maiden win last start and drawn well against here, place claims from the draw.
Selections: (2) Ally Mae, (7) Better Be Donna, (6) Hughies Sister, (10) Womeninleague
Suggested bet: (2) Ally Mae - Eachway
Comments: (2) Ally Mae resumes here after a solid run behind the impressive Deer Hunter back in September. Drawn well and going well at the workouts of late, a forward showing expected in a fresh state.
(7) Better Be Donna was only just beaten last start and will have improved with that performance, drawn a touch wide over the 2200m trip but if she can get a nice run into this then she can let down with a handy sprint. Place claims.
(6) Hughies Sister has been spelled after a disappointing debut run last August, going along nicely at the workouts and trials which is a big push in this field. Must include in all bets.
(10) Womeninleague put in a solid run on debut against a weaker field then tonight’s event but drawn to do no work here and can get home late into a top four spot.
Selections: (1) Yasmine Bromac, (8) Queen Lostris, (6) Somewhereinbrooklyn, (11) Major Classic
Suggested bet: (1) Yasmine Bromac - Eachway
Comments: (1) Yasmine Bromac cleared maidens with a spirited finish at Auckland last start, drawn well here and can handle this step up in grade. Eachway claims.
(8) Queen Lostris was a dominate winner of the Junior Drivers event two weeks ago, highly rated mare who gets into this race well, wide draw but she’s a leading chance to double up here.
(6) Somewhereinbrooklyn stormed home last start to dead heat after an unlucky run at the start before that, going well of late and can add another top three finish to his already handy course record.
(11) Major Classic is a grass track who has had 17 starts on this course for only the four placings but he comes out of tougher races of late and can be a first four player here.
Selections: (12) Trouble Giero, (11) Shay Scott, (4) I’m Just Awesome, (7) Monseigneur
Suggested bet: (12) Trouble Giero - Win
Comments: (12) Trouble Giero makes his way north after a successful Manawatu trip and on his best Canterbury form he should be smashing this field. The 35m handicap shouldn’t be an issue for him and they’ll have to be pretty good off the front to be beating him.
(11) Shay Scott has the talent but the manners can let him down on occasions, good enough to be a player in this race after a 2.6L second to Amanda’s Spur who has come out and won again recently.
(4) I’m Just Awesome has the ability but another one with average manners, if she can step away with them then she in a multiples player.
(7) Monseigneur continues to race well without winning and form lately at this track has been super, another place looks achievable in this field
Selections: (3) Idealistic, (8) Volando Denario, (6) Doubledelightbrigade, (11) Bettor Babe
Suggested bet: (3) Idealistic
Comments: (3) Idealistic gets another super chance to break through for another deserved victory. Drawn well and last start was a strong performance behind a nice horse, each way claims today.
(8) Volando Denario did well at Manawatu recently and this race doesn’t have much attractive form in this, widely drawn by from a quality stable and can handle this field.
(6) Doubledelightbrigade did well here two starts ago when only beaten 2.9L by a handy one and did get home well late while (11) Bettor Babe was too far off them last start, Tony Herlihy takes over tonight and must be respected here.
Selections: (1) Awhi Mai, (7) That Girl Of Mine, (4) Flying Taine, (3) Rave Nation
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: The most even field of the night to finish off your late quaddie and its all the first starters on top here for me, they’ve all trailed well and while the step up from the trials to the races can stop some I’d expect them all to be well schooled for this and are must have’s in your quaddie. (1) Awhi Mai, (7) That Girl Of Mine, (4) Flying Taine.
(3) Rave Nation has the race day form on the board and a good run last start when being run down late by some handy ones should see her go close to another win.