Cheviot Harness Racing Club - Sunday 4th March
- 04 March 2018
Meeting: Cheviot Harness Racing Club – Sunday 4th March
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald & Ash Wright
Comment: With a drive in Race 3 today, Andrew is unable to do selections for that race.
Any associated suggested bets and the selections for Race 3 have today been selected by Ash Wright
Track Distance: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Race 4: (13) Bettor Trix
Race 8: (7) Everybody Knows
Best Value Bet
Race 9: (11) Titanium
Early Quaddie R2-5
6/1,2,4,12,15,16/13/6,9 - $12 gets you 100%
Late Quaddie R7-10
3,6,8,10/7/2,3,8,11/4,5,8 - $24 gets you 50%
Race 1: (12.39pm)
Selections: (5) I W McNik, (9) Winterfell, (4) Astound, (13) Majestic Hurricane
Suggested bet: (5) I W McNik – Eachway – place more than win.
Comments: (5) I W McNik has improved him manners lately with some gear changes and finds himself in a very winnable race here, a tough unlucky last start at Ashburton but manners are going to be key here and his have been good of late. Leading chance in a mixed form race.
(9) Winterfell was well backed on debut after some handy trial runs and those punters will come again after a solid 4th on debut, early manners are key here but respect for the Purdon/Rasmussen training combo.
(4) Astound did plenty of work here on Friday and fought on to finish 3rd, handy draw and David Butt will roll forward and look for the top, tough to run down.
(13) Majestic Hurricane flashed home late down the outside at Ashburton, manners are key but it this for a long way.
Race 2: (1.09pm)
Selections: (6) Governor’s Bay, (10) Let’s Hustle, (14) Maahes, (8) With The Band
Suggested bet: (6) Governor’s Bay - Win
Comments: (6) Governor’s Bay will be at a short quote after some super form of late behind the likes of Acuto and Bringitonhome at Addington. Tough run when parked throughout at Ashburton but stuck on for 3rd in a blanket finish. Dunn/Bagrie combo goes well together, tough to beat.
(10) Let’s Hustle will need plenty of luck from this draw but has shown that he’s got the ability to win a few races, traffic issues but Sam Ottley is in form so expecting a top four finish here.
The unruly draw hasn’t been helping (14) Maahes winning chances but placing in four runs from just the seven starts is handy and he is a chance of upsetting the well supported favourite here, quinella must.
(8) With The Band showed plenty at the trials but has never really showed it on race day, another average draw here so expect to see her running on strong late.
Race 3: (1.44pm) – Ash Wright Selects
Selections: (1) Mystical Star, (4) Highland Star, (2) Rocknpop, (12) Sugar Cane
Suggested bet: (1) Mystical Star
Comments: (1) Mystical Star comes out of far better races then what she strikes here, handy barrier draw and driver has options of if she leads up or hands up, eachway claims in a junior drivers event.
(4) Highland Star is a handy trotter who only just missed at Ashburton, leading junior driver combines with him today and on his recent form he has to be a leading player here.
(2) Rocknpop must be respected due to the fact she’s trained by Ken Ford and driven by Dominion winning driver Sheree Tomlinson, from a handy barrier draw with good course stats she is a must include in all bets.
(12) Sugar Cane did well when fresh up but unfortunately she’s drawn the back row so she can’t use her high gate speed to find herself on the markers, in good form of late and can upset the more favoured runners here.
Race 4: (2.19pm)
Selections: (13) Bettor Trix, (12) A Lister, (11) Onedin Reign, (7) Cindy Bromac
Suggested bet: (13) Bettor Trix - Win
Comments: (13) Bettor Trix drops back from racing the likes of Bettor Joy and Elle Mac, this is a large class drop and even from the average draw she should be putting a space on these. One of the best bets on today’s card.
Behind the short priced favourite are three runners who have won recently and shown above average ability.
(12) A Lister is a stable mate to Bettor Trix and comes out of racing Somejoy and Bettor Joy recently, she was held up for a wee bit last start but it didn’t cost her too much ground, a good horse for your multiples in this field.
(11) Onedin Reign hasn’t had a decent draw in all of her starts and this one isn’t much better, the good thing is she won’t have to do any work early and can just hold her own which should see her end up in mid field, improving with racing but is a place chance up against the All Star fillies today.
(7) Cindy Bromac has drawn wide but was a dominate winner here last time and is talented enough to play a role here.
Race 5: (2.54pm)
Selections: (9) Enghien, (6) Habibi Inta, (4) Zoey’s Gift, (8) McLovin
Suggested bet: (6) Habibi Inta - Place
Comments: (9) Enghien is the class act of the field coming into this fresh from a long spell, last raced in the jewels last year. Made a late break at the recent trials but class will take him along way.
The place price around (6) Habibi Inta s where I would be playing my bets, he was good fresh up behind a handy one and improvement is expected with that run under his belt, trained by the master of trotting in Paul Nairn and has Blair Orange in the bike.
(4) Zoey’s Gift is a talented mare who faces her biggest test to date today against some handy trotters. Fresh and will improve with the run today but a forward showing is expected.
(8) McLovin is fit and ready to go; runs of late have been good, upset claims.
Race 6: (3.30pm)
Selections: (8) Dracarys, (6) Kayla Marie, (2) Mossdale Art, (3) Olivia Rachel
Suggested bet: (8) Dracarys - Win
Comments: (8) Dracarys led up and was collared by her stable mate on debut here, Mark Purdon takes the reins today and in a small field she looks the top chance here.
(6) Kayla Marie got the job done one debut but might have to do all the work here with the stable mate on her back, quinella chance.
(2) Mossdale Art & (3) Olivia Rachel are both from leading stables and are trialling well, they are drawn to be on the speed and will give the All Star fillies something to chase.
Race 7: (4.03pm)
Selections: (8) Don Domingo, (10) Tiger Thompson, (6) The Bus, (3) Baileys Knight
Suggested bet: (8) Don Domingo - Place
Comments: (8) Don Domingo brings good stand start stats to this event and with Blair Orange in the cart his chances are improved greatly, freshened and goes better when fresh so a top three run is expected here.
(10) Tiger Thompson was run down by Pat’s Delight who has gone on to win at Alexandra Park last week, first stand start race for this 4yo son of Big Jim but off the back mark he should have plenty of time to circle around, leading chance if he can step away.
(6) The Bus won the Nelson cup last start and has been freshened since then, starting to build a nice record and the stand start is right up his alley.
(3) Baileys Knight dead heated the Reefton cup but below average run last week, freshened and off the front mark he could be a good place bet at odds.
Race 8: (4.43pm)
Selections: (7) Everybody Knows, (4) BD Khaosan, (8) Bordeaux, (6) Destiny Jones
Suggested bet: (7) Everybody Knows - Win
Comments: (7) Everybody Knows is the class runner of this field coming out of the top class trot races of late, will be improved for his run a fortnight ago and in this small field he looks almighty tough to beat.
(4) BD Khaosan is drawn to head forward from this draw and be tough to run down with his good course/distance stats, a handy run from an impossible spot at Addington last start.
(8) Bordeaux comes into this after being freshened since his last run in the Cambridge flying mile, drawn wide over the 1950m first up doesn’t help him but his class will take him a long way, must have in first four bets.
(6) Destiny Jones loves Addington raceway and was a good trial winner at the start of the week, ready to go here and Blair Orange takes over the reins. Multiples player.
Race 9: (5.11pm)
Selections: (11) Titanium, (2) Frankie D, (3) Hundie, (8) Karmic Way
Comments: (11) Titanium got into a bit of trouble last start and had a break late, prior form when finishing 2nd on this track in a junior drivers affair was in super time and he did it tough, could be the value runner in this field.
(2) Frankie D drew wide last start so couldn’t find his favoured leading row, drawn barrier two Jonny Cox will only be taking this gelding one place and that’s to the front, he’ll have options if he stays in front or hands up from there but if he can bowl along at his own tempo then he can upset them.
(3) Hundie has to be respected coming from the Dalgety barn and being driven by Dexter Dunn today, drawn well and last start he got home well being some handy horses in good time, eachway claims.
(8) Karmic Way got the gap when he needed it at Invercargill, drawn wide here so place looks best.
Race 10: (5.41pm)
Selections: (8) Funatthebeach, (4) Acuto, (5) Times Stride, (9) Duplicated
Suggested bet: (8) Funatthebeach
Comments: (8) Funatthebeach ran away with victory last start against a handy field, drawn wide here but this guy looks to have the NZ Derby as his aim, hard to beat.
(4) Acuto was beaten by a handy stable mate last start, drawn well to be on the pace which makes him an eachway chance.
(5) Times Stride did a good job last prep and has been going along well at the workouts of late, Dunn/Dalgety pair ready to strike again.
(9) Duplicated draws wide and has been getting home well lately, stable respect but wouldn’t be taking any short odds from this draw. Place claims