Stratford - Sunday 4th March
- 03 March 2018
Meeting: Stratford Trotting Club – Sunday 4th March
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1600m Surface: Grass
Race 2: (3) Quick As Fire
Race 3: (5) Annaliese Lincoln
Best Value Bet
Race 4: (2) Master Of Escape
Early Quaddie R2-5
3/5/1,2,3,9/2,3,4,5 - $16 gets you 100%
Late Quaddie R6-9
2,4,6,8/4,7/6,9,10,11/3,8,9 - $32 gets you 33%
Race 1: (12.24pm)
Selections: (8) Monarchy Invasion, (10) Zimple, (4) Need Luck, (6) Awa Cathrine
Suggested bet: (8) Monarchy Invasion - Eachway
Comments: (8) Monarchy Invasion made plenty of ground from the back on Thursday and has been well supported in all of his starts in the north so will be well supported again here.
(10) Zimple caught the eye sneaking home along the pegs on Thursday, winner of three races who is well down in the ratings now, can play a roll here.
(4) Need Luck carried supported on debut after some handy trial wins, an early mistake cost him his chance on Thursday but has ability to factor here.
(6) Awa Cathrine found the front quickly and was only run down by a couple of handy ones on Thursday, her manners are good and doesn’t mind the grass so can pick up her second victory in 61 starts here.
Race 2: (12.54pm)
Selections: (3) Quick As Fire, (1) Delia May, (4) Knights Desire, (6) Santanna Legend
Suggested bet: (3) Quick As Fire - Win
Comments: (3) Quick As Fire did plenty of work on Thursday to work around the field and sit parked, kept attacking the line and was only beaten 0.2L. Well drawn today with David Butcher in the sulky. Best bet of the day.
(1) Delia May was only 5.1L from the winner last start after an early break, drawn well here and her fun two starts ago from a similar draw took her close. Another runner for your multiples.
(4) Knights Desire had no gate speed on Thursday so ended up three back on the pegs, never saw clear air after that and went to the line untested. Drawn to find a handy spot early and can dash home late into a top four spot.
(6) Santanna Legend was another one that caught the eye getting home well on Thursday, drawn wide but Thursdays form will stack up here.
Blow Out Chance: (10) Moniaive has no luck on the first day and got home nicely enough to say she could pop up at big odds.
Race 3: (1.25pm)
Selections: (5) Annaliese Lincoln, (13) Wicklow Star, (2) Hunter Red, (11) Motu Belle De Jour
Suggested bet: (5) Annaliese Lincoln - Eachway
Comments: (5) Annaliese Lincoln went straight into the black book when spotted making up plenty of ground down the outside on Thursday, drawn better today from the inform Derek Balle stables. This is not a strong field and she appears to be the leading chance here.
(13) Wicklow Star unwound late on Thursday and similar looks likely here from the Unruly start, place claims at nice odds.
(2) Hunter Red will be well supported after some recent good runs, did well to only be 4L off the winner on Thursday after starting from barrier 12. Better drawn today, eachway claims.
(11) Motu Belle Du Jour joins the handy Arna Donnelly barn after arriving from the sound ideal, a big free going type who can improve her form line with a drop in opposition today. Tote watch on this runner.
Race 4: (2.01pm)
Selections: (2) Master Of Escape, (1) Jamieson Shard, (9) Waingaro Mara, (3) Capital Girl
Suggested bet: (2) Master Of Escape - Eachway
Comments: (2) Master Of Escape is my value bet of the day after clearing a pocket late on Thursday to storm home behind a handy winner, drawn well today and is at nice each way value in this field.
(1) Jamieson Shard has let punters down recently with handy runs but not winning runs, drawn well here and has options from the draw, on the pegs and close to them he’ll get his chance.
(9) Waingaro Mara hit the gap on Thursday like he was going to go straight on past them, good sectionals on the grass and drawn to do no work early here, look for him late.
(3) Capital Girl is an interesting runner from the South Island who has joined the Abernethy stables, watch the tote around this mare that cleared maidens well at Timaru a few starts back, 4th behind Vera’s Delight last time at Oamaru is leading form for this event today.
Race 5: (2.37pm)
Selections: (5) Rangi Rangdu, (2) Itsokbeingbetter, (4) Toll Gate, (3) Megatron
Suggested bet: (5) Rangi Rangdu - Eachway
Comments: (5) Rangi Rangdu gets into a even race here and on Thursday he whacked away behind them and was one of the only ones from the back to make up ground on the leaders in his race the other day. Drawn in the middle of the pack here so will end up spotting them several lengths again but can get home over the top of them with some speed up front.
(2) Itsokbeingbetter looked like he was going to pick up his second victory on Thursday after a lovely trip in transit, drawn well again and will head forward, Kyle Marshall might look to lead the trip here and that would make him tough to run down if he can get his own way in front.
(4) Toll Gate drew poorly on Thursday so dragged back and went to the markers, got home late to only be 3.1L off the winner, better draw today. Claims.
(3) Megatron is another runner who will head forward and with an aggressive Sailesh Abernethy in the sulky he might find the front here and will be strong to the line and tough to run down if he does.
Race 6: (3.12pm)
Selections: (8) Hezaluckygrinner, (6) Lis Rulz, (4) Lincoln Lovely, (2) Charlie Harper
Suggested bet: Trifecta bet – 6,8/2,4,6,8/2,3,4,6,7,8 - $24 for 100%
Comments: A couple of runners in this field will be well supported after getting home well on Thursday, they are (8) Hezaluckygrinner & (6) Lis Rulz.
(8) Hezaluckygrinner was locked away on the pegs for a majority of Thursday race but really flashed home late when he was able to clear a pocket to finish 2L behind the winner. Wide draw doesn’t help but with only the one runner on the back row he won’t be spotting them too much ground turning for home.
(6) Lis Rulz had to cover plenty of ground out wide and got into her work late to finish 3.6L behind the winner after drawing the back row, front row draw today means she can use her gate speed and be on the speed here, leading chance.
(4) Lincoln Lovely was on the markers in front of Hezaluckygrinner and got a clear run through to finish just 0.5L off the winner, drawn well here and adds to the puzzle.
(2) Charlie Harper had to do far too much work from the bad barrier on Thursday, drawn better here and is an upset chance on that alone. Good grass stats to help his chances.
Race 7: (3.47pm)
Selections: (7) Classie American, (4) Delightful Zen, (2) Mister Harris, (3) Razor Brogden
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella 2,3,4,7
Comments: (7) Classie American won a dominate winner on Thursday after a Dylan Ferguson rating special in front, doubt he will be given the same luxury to lead and do his own thing today but his form of late has been nothing but exceptional, no reason to say he can’t double up here and add another cup to collection.
(4) Delightful Zen had a lovely trip behind Classie American last start and fought all the way to the line for a smart second placing. Quinella and trifecta runner again in a similar field here.
(2) Mister Harris got home well along the markers after an easy trip, stand start stats don’t read well but if he can step away with them he is another top four chance today.
(3) Razor Brogden found himself in a very winnable race on the first day and rushed up to them and was a nice winner over some handy horses, this is a step up and he’s having his first stand start today but can handle this field on this best form.
Race 8: (4.23pm)
Selections: (11) Sol Invictus, (10) Blood And Whisky, (9) Harry H, (6) Angus Fogg
Suggested bet: (11) Sol Invictus - Eachway
Comments: Some might call me crazy but I’m prepared to give (11) Sol Invictus one more chance after he broke late on Thursday when looking likely. Back to the stand start and if he can trot the whole way here then his currently fixed odds price of around the $12 mark would appear to be nice odds.
(10) Blood And Whisky did plenty of work last start and was only chopped down late in the piece, prior form is solid and he brings a good standing start record to this event today. Stable and driver in form.
(9) Harry H made ground after clearing a pocket late on the first day, place looks best for him in this event.
(6) Angus Fogg got a well deserved win on Thursday and did it nicely, this is a big step but he’s talented and if he can win again here you might get to see another Owen Gillies salute. Quaddie must.
Race 9: (5.01pm)
Selections: (8) Eldolar, (9) Our Wicklow, (3) Cherokee Warrior, (6) Count Landeck
Suggested bet: (8) Eldolar
Comments: (8) Eldolar flew home on Thursday but couldn’t reel in Razor Brogden so had to settle for second place, drawn a touch wide here but in a small field he won’t spot them many lengths. If they put a bit of speed on up front then he’ll boom over the top of them.
(9) Our Wicklow was making ground behind Eldolar on Thursday, drawn to end up mid field here and if he’s close enough he can pick up win number nine for his career.
(3) Cherokee Warrior is a fresh runner to this meeting after not racing on Thursday, prior start at Cambridge was solid and drawn to head forward here, leading claims in this field.
(6) Count Landeck unwound late down the centre of the track to finish 2.1L behind Razor Brogden, place claims look his go here.