Invercargill Harness Racing Club - Saturday 3rd March
- 03 March 2018
Meeting: Invercargill Harness Racing Club – Saturday 3rd March
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1886m Surface: Grass
Race 3: (10) Ideal For Sure $25 to win
Race 7: (1) Mr Kiwi $15 to win
Best Value Bet
Race 6: (14) Rydgemont Milly $15 win over $25 place
Early Quaddie R2-5
1,2,11,13/10/1,7/6,11,12 - $12 gets you 50%
Late Quaddie R8-11
1/7,8,13/4,5,8,9/9,10,11,13 - $24 gets you 50%
Selections: (4) Nottingham K Two, (16) Somethings Burning, (11) Wayward Roc, (9) South Park
Suggested bet: (4) Nottingham K Two - Place
Comments: (4) Nottingham K Two comes out of a tougher race then this and back in against the maidens here, has good manners and can finally pick up his maiden success here.
Then it’s the three runners on debut here, plenty of word circling around for (16) Somethings Burning after a good win at the recent workouts. (11) Wayward Roc has changed from pacing to trotting and won at the trials a few weeks back while (9) South Park has looked handy at the workouts and trials so must be put in your multiple bets today.
Selections: (2) Gotta Good Looker, (1) Dreaminsover, (11) Shindal, (13) Captain Thunderbolt
Suggested bet: (2) Gotta Good Looker
Comments: (2) Gotta Good Looker continues to go close without winner and has placed on the grass previously. Nicely drawn, eachway claims.
(1) Dreaminsover is drawn to get a wonderful trip here and has been finding the line nice enough of late, place claims here.
(11) Shindal has been well supported for his last four or five starts and gets the services of Blair Orange today, eachway value.
(13) Captain Thunderbolt was only beaten 0.5L last start so a win isn’t far away, prior runs have been nice behind handy horse. Another good eachway chance in this field, quaddie must.
Selections: (10) Ideal For Sure, (3) Driftin Away, (8) Hedonist Franco, (9) Honour The Bet
Comments: (10) Ideal For Sure was a big black booker on debut after flying home late, that had next up winner written all over it. Best bet of the day today.
Behind our best bet of the day runners we suggest to add to your quinella, trifecta’ s and first 4 bets are (3) Driftin Away, (8) Hedonist Franco, (9) Honour The Bet who have all be in good form of late and can fill another minor placing.
Selections: (1) Franco Empire, (7) Shelby Bromac, (8) Jacks N Jazz
Suggested bet: Quinella - 1,7/1,7,8
Comments: (1) Franco Empire is the Canterbury raider who finished 5th behind a nice on in James Dean at the recent Methven workouts. He led early on debut behind handing up and taking a trail, through the lane he shot. Drawn to get a similar run and no reason he can’t double up here.
(7) Shelby Bromac is the obviously danger and will be well supported today after his runs against better horses then this field involves, John Morrison is in form and this guy looks tough to beat.
(8) Jacks N Jazz is a tough horse to drive and touched a wheel and galloped last start when over racing. Got down quickly and charged around the field to finish 2nd. If he is relaxed today then he can get some of this.
Selections: (11) Bigandme, (12) Betterthanbrie, (6) Glacier Coaster
Suggested bet: (11) Bigandme
Comments: (11) Bigandme was well backed when on debut against Vin Scully, vet problem was the cause so follow your money again as this guy had looked handy at the workouts prior to that debut run. Stable gets them up and running. Eachway.
(12) Betterthanbrie on debut with Dexter Dunn in the cart means include in your multiple bets, this filly won a recent workout so expecting a good performance here.
(6) Glacier Coaster got knocked over last start and the driver was chucked out of the sulky when running into the race well, drawn to head forward here and try to stay out of trouble, a big winning chance.
Selections: (14) Rydgemont Milly, (9) Svelt, (6) Scarlett Lane
Suggested bet: (14) Rydgemont Milly
Comments: (14) Rydgemont Milly flew home from a long way out when she was last on the grass to run a strong 2nd. When she’s right this mare is better than this field and today’s field doesn’t have much exposed form. Value eachway bet of the day.
Behind here it’s the Williamson runners of (9) Svelt &(6) Scarlett Lane who must be respected, Svelt never cleared a pocket last start when looking to have plenty more to offer while Scarlett Lane has the early manners to get into a handy spot and fill a top three spot.
(5) Bono Hest & (12) Crusher Collins are both blow out chances
Selections: (1) Mr Kiwi, (9) Navajo Art, (10) Rozzano, (2) John Coltrane
Suggested bet: (1) Mr Kiwi
Comments: (1) Mr Kiwi disappointed last start when well supported in a handy field, this looks to be a drop in class and the aid of barrier one over the 2050m is a real advantage. Expecting improvement on the first up run and he look’s almighty tough to beat here.
(9) Navajo Art started off his career looking like he was going to win his fair share of races, average luck in the running of late but drawn to do no work and sit on the pegs, can sneak home at a good place price.
(10) Rozzano is a tough mare who would have loved to have drawn the front row so she could boom forward and run them into the ground, Craig Ferguson will move around with her at some stage and she’ll keep fighting all the way to the line, place bet here for me.
(2) John Coltrane has been going well without much luck of late, stable have an opinion of him so must be respected in a field like this.
Selections: (13) Thisexcusebetterbeit, (7) Lis Amore, (8) Duke Of Wellington
Comments: (13) Thisexcusebetterbeit is just a maiden in against the race winners here but has looked good behind some nice horses including Sociable lately, Blair Orange in the cart and if they go hard early she’ll get her chance to swoop into this late.
(7) Lis Amore will go forward from this barrier draw and almost got the job done last start of a punter who had a significant bet on her, if she can find the front without doing too much work them she can be tough to run down.
(8) Duke Of Wellington is the most talented horse here but is in trouble of being stuck on the marker pegs. Will need a Brent Barclay special to get off and around these ones but if he can then he’ll be tough to beat.
Selections: (11) Pass The Speights, (14) Young Conqueror, (2) Bettor Enforce, (4) Shortys Mate
Suggested bet: % Trifecta
Comments: This is a wide open cup field but we’ll play a suggested first four bet here and try to snag a portion of the pot.
2,11,14/1,2,4,7,11,14/1,2,4,7,10,11,12,14 - $30 gets you 33%
My top four are (11) Pass The Speights, (14) Young Conqueror, (2) Bettor Enforce, (4) Shortys Mate and if you like anything else I suggest you throw it in as this is a wide open field that anyone could pop up to win.
(10) Some Excusesomewhere and (7) Thaboyz Toy have the leader drivers in the country on board so must be respected.
Selections: (5) Delestic, (8) Splash Cola, (9) Grey Power
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: It’s the Nathan Williamson team here that go on top for me.
(5) Delestic has a great grass track record and was a good winner last start. Up against better ones here but no reason she can’t win again.
(8) Splash Cola has ability but the manners can let her down, only off a 20m handicap which won’t worry here and Nathan opts to drive her which might be the push punters want while (9) Grey Power is a lovely trotter who has been freshened for this, back mark a bit tough over the short course but must be included.
(4) Ace Commander has Dexter Dunn onboard and is drawn well over the short course trip so could roll forward and be in this for a long way.
Selections: (13) Rah De Rah, (9) Hurricane Banner, (10) Santanna’s Rocket, (11) Ossessione
Suggested bet: (13) Rah De Rah - Eachway
Comments: (13) Rah De Rah brings solid Addington form to this event and was last seen storming home at Ashburton for a good placing, Brent Barclay is in form and the Butt/Cox stable is in form. Leading eachway chance who might sneak under the radar here.
(9) Hurricane Banner is looking to make it a hat trick of wins lately and Sheree Tomlinson is back in the cart, grass is no worries and neither is some rain after last week’s win, another top run awaits.
(10) Santanna’s Rocket gets the addition of sliding blinds for this event and a nice enough barrier draw to work with, runs of late have been strong without winning but a must have in quaddie tickets today.
(11) Ossessione looks to be dropping back in company for this event today a blow out chance for quaddie and eachway punters.