NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc - Friday 2nd March
- 01 March 2018
Meeting: NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc – Friday 2nd March
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Race 3: (8) Son Of A Tiger - $25 – Win
Race 7: (4) Alta Shelby - $15 – Win
Best Value Bet
Race 2: (7) Galleons Glory - $10 – Eachway
Best Place Bet
Race 4: (1) Immortal Change - $25 - Place
Early Quaddie R2-5
1,4,7,12,14,15/8/1,5/4,5,9,14 $24% gets you 50%
Late Quaddie R7-10
1,4,8/1,9,11,12,14,16,17/1,2,10,13/1,4,5,8 - $33.60 gets you 10%
Race 1: (5.31pm)
Selections: (2) London Delight, (12) Princess Holly, (11) Adieu Flirt, (13) Three Ply
Suggested bet: (2) London Delight - Win
Comments: (2) London Delight - is from the smart Cran Dalgety stable and drawn well here, this field isn’t a strong maiden race and over the 1950m you’d expect Gavin Smith to take this runner to the front and be tough to run down.
(12) Princess Holly - has always had ability but isn’t showing her best this prep, from the second row draw she should end up mid field without doing too much early work and she has a couple of nice ones drawn beside her that she can follow into the race, a big filly who can wind up late.
(11) Adieu Flirt – was held up for a large part of the straight last start before clearing a pocket late to finish strongly into 3rd position only 2.5L behind Stunin Love, this 3yo filly by Courage Under Fire is drawn to get a good run through behind London Delight and could end up close to the speed, she’s good enough to pick these ones up.
(13) Three Ply – has been well supported in all three runs this prep and 4.8L behind Bringitonhome in a strong maiden here two starts ago showed us her true ability, she has broken in both of her other two starts so she must be taken on trust here, one to follow over the coming weeks when she gets off the unruly.
Race 2: (6.01pm)
Selections: (7) Galleons Glory, (12) Astound, (14) One Over Da Skye, (15) Skyline
Suggested bet: (7) Galleons Glory - Eachway
Comments: (7) Galleons Glory – took on the race winners last start and was seen storming home down the outside making up many lengths. Back against the maidens today and even with her drawn out in an average spot she can win this and be a good eachway chance.
(12) Astound is a well-bred trotter out of Habibti who has put in two good career runs to date including working around to the front at Ashburton before being run down late by a couple of nice horses. She’ll end up in the middle of the pack here and expect David Butt to move around to either sit parked or take over the lead which will make her a leading chance here.
(14) One Over Da Skye & (15) Skyline – both have ability but manners continue to let them down, One Over Da Skye was only 4.1L behind Valloria two starts ago and he’s gone onto win the feature trot at Ashburton the other day so that’s a great form race while Skyline was only beaten 0.7L the last time he was on this track behind a nice one, with manners they are both needed on your quaddie tickets.
Race 3: (6.31pm)
Selections: (8) Son Of A Tiger, (10) Buckeye, (2) Caviar Star, (6) Corena Lea
Suggested bet: (8) Son Of A Tiger - Win
Comments: (8) Son Of A Tiger – cleared maidens with a dominate win at this course last week, was well backed in the betting and delivered for punters. This doesn’t look to be a large step up and he will handle this next grade. Tough to beat.
(10) Buckeye has been in good form of late including running home strongly for 3rd at Ashburton last Sunday. He draws the outside of the front row here so can get across into a nice spot with a quick beginning, place claims are best.
(2) Caviar Star cleared maidens with a handy enough win at Blenheim on the grass, given a freshen up since then and gets a nice barrier draw for this, first standing start may be a concern but with early manners he can play a part here.
(6) Corena Lea whacked away on the pegs last start in a leader dominated junior driver’s affair, good manners and can fill a minor spot in this field.
Race 4: (7.01pm)
Selections: (5) Franco Noah, (1) Immortal Change, (2) Tom Me Gun, (8) Court On The Edge
Suggested bet: (1) Immortal Change - Place
Comments: (5) Franco Noah will be well supported here after a strong debut at Winton a fortnight ago, drawn handle from this mobile start and stable money is a good sign for this runner, tote watch but appears to be the leading chance.
(1) Immortal Change is the biggest danger to the favourite and drawn to be handy throughout, there was some chat around for this horse last week but she couldn’t reel in Stunin Love, place odds could get out to a nice enough quote so that’s worth a bet in this event.
(2) Tom Me Gun got home really well on the pegs behind a handy one last start and is a chance of a similar run from this handy barrier draw, must be respected on that run and appears to be another place chance in this field.
(8) Court On The Edge didn’t bring his manners last week when well backed on the tote, trial form before that included a 2nd behind Nandolo which is a good pointer, multiples runner.
Race 5: (7.30pm)
Selections: (14) Ideal Rule, (4) Doitson, (5) Playboy Prince, (9) Mogul
Suggested bet: (14) Ideal Rule - Eachway
Comments: (14) Ideal Rule flew home last along the markers after clearing a gap in last week’s run, drawn a tad tricky here but will get her chance if they run along in front, prior win at Blenheim was strong so she can handle this field.
(4) Doitson has been disappointing of late when carrying heavy tote support, this isn’t a strong up to R51 race and from a handy barrier a winning performance wouldn’t surprise us, he is a must have on your quaddie tickets.
(5) Playboy Prince could easily be over the odds here after improving runs of late in handy junior driver fields, has gate speed to get across and into a handy spot here and a leading junior driver in the cart, eachway claims.
(9) Mogul draws average but did plenty of work last start and was only just run down by a handy one, drawn takes away most of his winning chances but looks a nice place chance.
Race 6: (8.01pm)
Selections: (7) Run Boy Run, (6) Pirate Bay, (5) All About Henry, (3) Scarlett Banner
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: (7) Run Boy Run gets the services of leading junior driver Matt Anderson and this is a drop in grade from racing in Country Cup fields against the likes of Lovetodream and Don Domingo. He’ll work around them at some stage and be tough to run down from the front.
(6) Pirate Bay is having just his 3rd standing start but has Kimberly Butt in the sulky and his form of late has been solid without winning, this is a drop back in class so is a eachway chance.
(5) All About Henry trialled well recently and has good stand start manners, his favourite roll is in front so if he can roll onto the top he will get his chance here.
(3) Scarlett Banner was beaten 2.6L being Pradas Ideal Dahling last start, prior win at Timaru was powerful and with manners and a soft trip this mare must be respected.
Race 7: (8.32pm)
Selections: (4) Alta Shelby, (1) Smoke N Reactor, (8) Machitelli, (6) Denstown
Suggested bet: (4) Alta Shelby - Place
Comments: (4) Alta Shelby is a handy colt who has taken a couple of runs to come to hand, his fitness will be nearing 100% now and he gets into a winnable race here from a handy barrier. Stable and driver in form and this could be another winner for the Kerr/Anderson combo.
(1) Smoke N Reactor gets his best draw in a while and drops back from racing against some handy horses, well drawn and looks to have eachway claims in this field.
(8) Machitelli is a talented filly who didn’t fire last start against a handy field, winner at the recent Methven trials to prepare for this, watch this filly over the coming weeks as she’s good enough to win a few races quickly.
(6) Denstown finally found a easy maiden field and a good draw to dominate from a couple of starts ago and then found himself in a open junior drivers event, did well to only be beaten 2.8L into 2nd after parking for a long way, will need a drag into this field as it’s tough to see him crossing all the runners inside him, place claims.
Race 8: (9.00pm)
Selections: (11) No Fears, (14) One Over Da Stars, (1) Beyond The Horizon, (9) Majestic Lavros,(12) Rachmaninov
Suggested bet: Boxed Trifecta – 1/9/11/12/14/16/17
Comments: This is the most even field of the night and it’s a tough job to split them, Quaddie players will want to go wide with the above runners all have serious chances in this field.
(11) No Fears won well last start and can easily double up here - (14) One Over Da Stars has the ability but the manners aren’t there, could easily smash this field if she trotted the trip. - (1) Beyond The Horizon just missed at Oamaru against a lower class of trotter but can handy this field. - (9) Majestic Lavros has a bit of a reputation but the manners continue to let him down, chance with those manners today. - (12) Rachmaninov has the manners and put in a tough effort to clear maidens three starts ago, can tough it out and win.
Race 9: (9.32pm)
Selections: (2) Going To California, (1) Vyndetta, (10) Aveross Rustler, (13) Cool Changes
Suggested bet: (2) Going To California - Eachway
Comments: (2) Going To California is a big upset horse at a big price after some average races of late she finds herself in a very winnable race here and gets her best barrier draw in a wild, wide open field but this one could be worth a gold coin eachway.
(1) Vyndetta is drawn to get a wonderful trip either in front or in the trail, strong finish three starts ago is the best pointer for this mare and was unlucky two starts ago, drawn to make her own luck. Eachway claims.
(10) Aveross Rustler isn’t helped with this draw considering he has great gate speed but is drawn to do no work on the pegs and must rate as a blowout chance.
(13) Cool Changes has the best form in this race with a strong 3rd at Oamaru. Stable going well and can win in this field today.
Race 10: (10.02pm)
Selections: (4) Pembrook Legacy, (8) Getarattleon, (5) Ideal Draw, (1) Jungle Gem
Suggested bet: (4) Pembrook Legacy - Eachway
Comments: (4) Pembrook Legacy went close to making it a winning debut on his home track last Sunday and will be well backed again today after that performance. Standing start manners were good on debut so you’d expect him to step away nicely from this good draw and be close to the speed.
(8) Getarattleon fought hard along the markers behind a good one last week, drawn a touch wide but going on the first run there is no reason his guy can’t fill another top 3 placing.
(5) Ideal Draw blew the start last week and was never a factor after that so put a line through that run and go on the previous two runs which resulted in two minor placings, tote watch from this stable but he’s good enough to win this.
(1) Jungle Gem was a market mover last start when first up for Brent Borcoskie, did well to run on late into 4th. Improvement expected from that first up run and if she can handle the stand start again then she can be a quaddie blow out in the last.