Auckland Trotting Club - Friday 23rd February
- 23 February 2018
Meeting: Auckland Trotting Club – Friday 23rd February
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1006m Surface: All Weather
Race 2: (7) Master Moonlite
Race 9: (5) Pat’s Delight
Best Value Bet
Race 4: (2) English Rose
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R6-9
Selections: (5) Tickle Me Pink, (1) Kratos
Suggested bet: (1) Kratos Place
Comments: A small five horse 2yo trot to kick start the night, manners are going to be the key so it’s almighty tough to pick the winner here when they are all 2yo’s with just the one race start each, (5) Tickle Me Pink & (1) Kratos ran the quinella last time and showed ability.
Selections: (7) Master Moonlite
Suggested bet: (7) Master Moonlite
Comments: (7) Master Moonlite brings strong Addington form to his first start at Alex Park, Dexter Dunn in the bike and in a small field he is likely to start at short odds but should be winning in this field.
(5) On The Cards has been impressive to date, can upset the short priced favourite
Selections: (7) Show Of Faith, (3) Stow, (6) Forget The Price Tag,
Suggested bet: (7) Show Of Faith - Place
Comments: (7) Show Of Faith looked like he was just going to battle last start but kept kicking and stormed home into third, this isn’t a strong field, win chance.
(3) Stow is in good form and will be well backed tonight after a super effort last start, eachway claims here.
(6) Forget The Price Tag is well named and from a good stables with Tony Herlihy in the barn, no reason his debut can’t be a winning one.
Selections: (2) English Rose, (5) Bettor Step Aside, (10) Ideal Holiday
Suggested bet: (2) English Rose,
Comments: (2) English Rose could sneak under the radar with some fair form of late in the south island, drawn well here with Tony Herlihy jumping in the cart which is a positive, eachway value in this even field.
(5) Bettor Step Aside scratched from a much harder field to start in this open field, drawn well and David Butcher in the cart, well supported.
(10) Ideal Holiday made an impression winning at short odds on debut, can double up here.
Selections: (2) Danielle Amore, (5) Magnafique
Suggested bet: (2) Danielle Amore
Comments: Another couple of ex southerners that look well placed in this field, in good form from a nice barn, eachway claims to both (2) Danielle Amore & (5) Magnafique.
(7) Aoraki is the watch horse, has disappointed in the first two starts this prep, better than that and fitness improving, can upset them.
Selections: (7) Paramount King, (10) One Bid Buys, (4) Lovely Bundy, (3) Torbjorn
Suggested bet: (3) Torbjorn - Place
Comments: (7) Paramount King let punters down who took the short odds last start, manners are key and his price will be a bit better this week but still not enough to see me backing him.
(10) One Bid Buys went bang first up for new owner’s last start, no reason he can’t go again in this field.
(4) Lovely Bundy has the manners to spice up trifectas in this field with David Butcher in the cart.
(3) Torbjorn is the horse in this race worth a cheeky $5 on to place, his last run was good and off the front he can step and be handy, he’ll do everything right and give this a big sight.
Selections: (1) Gold Orchid, (7) Kotare Cullen, (6) Forever Pearl
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: (1) Gold Orchid gets the right draw to get her winning turn tonight, in a small field she’s got options and Tony Herlihy has opted for this one over his other runners.
(7) Kotare Cullen gets the services of Dexter Dunn and was a smart winner last time, drawn outside them all but has the class to win
(6) Forever Pearl created a nice impression when winning last start, can win again with the right trip.
Selections: (2) Sertorius, (3) The Crown Jewels, (4) C K Spur
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: Tough to split the top three here (2) Sertorius, (3) The Crown Jewels & (4) C K Spur, they are all must have’s on your quaddie ticket.
Selections: (5) Pat’s Delight
Suggested bet: (5) Pat’s Delight
Comments: (5) Pat’s Delight is a classy 3yo from the south, Dexter Dunn in the cart and has the gate speed to burn across and lead this pack, tough to run down from there.