NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club - Friday 23rd February
- 22 February 2018
Meeting: NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club – Friday 23rd February
Form Analyst: Ash Wright
Track Distance: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Race 3: (6) Court On The Edge
Race 5: (4) Arnold
Race 8: (3) Son Of A Tiger
Best Value Bet
Race 6: (11) Claus
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R8-11
Selections: (1) Dracarys, (2) Kayla Marie, (3) Marianna Bromac
Suggested bet: (1) Dracarys
Comments: A small five horse field here combining the 2yo fillies here and it’s the All Star pair of (1) Dracarys & (2) Kayla Marie who have showed encouraging ability at the trials, both drawn well here and look tough to beat.
(3) Marianna Bromac has trialled well out of the Brendon Hill barn, Blair Orange in the cart, eachway claims.
Selections: (4) Michelle, (7) Sugar Cane, (5) Rocknpop
Suggested bet: (4) Michelle
Comments: (4) Michelle has been well backed the last few starts, mobile and good draw is a huge help, will be well supported again.
(7) Sugar Cane has the gate speed to burn across and be in a handy spot, latest form has been just fair but her form a couple of months ago would make her competitive here.
(5) Rocknpop is in good form and has the services of a leading junior, eachway.
Selections: (6) Court On The Edge
Suggested bet: (6) Court On The Edge
Comments: (6) Court On The Edge will be at short odds in this weak looking maiden field, trialing well from a strong barn, should be tough to beat here.
Multiple chances include (2) Adieu Flirt, (9) Stunin Love, (14) Lets Hustle
Selections: (8) Star Commander, (1) Nota Bene Denario, (6) Funatthebeach, (5) Gypsy’s Choice
Suggested bet: (8) Star Commander
Comments: (8) Star Commander looks the leading chance here even from the outside draw, in super form of late.
(1) Nota Bene Denario in good form and drawn a nice barrier, this is his biggest test to date but drawn to be a player.
(6) Funatthebeach comes from the All Stars barn but has just been fair recent, will be at short odds but I favour a couple others in front of him.
(5) Gypsy’s Choice put up a massive run to find 4th last start after behind left out three wide for a long way in a good field, value bet here.
Selections: (4) Arnold
Suggested bet: (4) Arnold
Comments: (4) Arnold is a trotter going places and put pay to a handy field last week, tough to beat from a good draw in this small field.
(7) Jaw D Nancy comes into this race in super form, can win this.
Selections: (11) Claus, (3) Burning Rubber, (4) Christian Lady, (13) The Director
Suggested bet: (11) Claus
Comments: (11) Claus could sneak under the radar here after some recent good form, drawn to do no work early and can follow a hot speed, will be there at the end.
(3) Burning Rubber has the services of the country’s leading junior driver Matt Anderson, drawn well so expected to lead early and be tough to run down.
(4) Christian Lady is in good form without much luck of late, went close last time, drawn well here with a handy junior in the cart. Eachway claims.
(13) The Director put up a huge run last start in a quick time, drawn to be mid field and will have to work around them at some stage, place claims.
Selections: (3) Doff Your Cap, (6) Carlton
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: Big chance the result when these two met last week will turn around here, (3) Doff Your Cap had a gallop with a lap to run and chased the pack and came storming home for second, with manners today he looks tough to beat from a nice barrier.
(6) Carlton was the talk horse of the meeting last time and did the job for punters who took the short odds, drawn the outside of the gate so has plenty of time to find his feet, will be put into the race at some stage, quinella.
Selections: (3) Son Of A Tiger, (12) Princess Holly, (5) Ideal Draw
Suggested bet: (3) Son Of A Tiger
Comments: (3) Son Of A Tiger was well supported on debut but got too far back on a leaders track, drawn well here so if he can step away early then he’ll be tough to roll.
(12) Princess Holly didn’t have much go her way fresh up, tricky draw but capable.
(5) Ideal Draw did well down south last start, watch the tote on this runner, eachway claims.
Selections: (1) Jazzy Star, (2) Alta Shelby, (10) Bettor Chance
Suggested bet: (1) Jazzy Star - Place
Comments: (1) Jazzy Star made a statement with a impressive maiden win, drawn well in this tough assignment but must be respected as he is drawn to get a lovely trip.
(2) Alta Shelby will be better for the first up run, fitness improving and drawn to lead and be tough to run down.
(10) Bettor Chance has been going just fair of late but fitness on the improve, drawn to sit three back on the pegs and have one last crack at them.
Selections: (4) Borntobeastar, (2) Mystical Star, (15) Rebel Kibbybones, (14) Tijuana Taxi
Suggested bet: (4) Borntobeastar
Comments: (4) Borntobeastar was impressive winning last start and is a 3yo targeting better races then this, expecting a forward showing.
(2) Mystical Star had drawn well and is in good form, manners key but an eachway player in this.
(15) Rebel Kibbybones & (14) Tijuana Taxi will both need to be good from the unruly spot over the 1950m, they are both going to have to do plenty of work around them. Place claims.
Selections: (10) Cindy Bromac, (5) Gabby’s Star
Suggested bet: (5) Gabby’s Star - Place
Comments: (10) Cindy Bromac was run down last start but brings the best form into this wide open race, drawn to stay out of the early burn and end up in a mid field spot, eachway claims.
(5) Gabby’s Star has been going well in stronger fields then this, eachway claims at odds.