Waikouaiti Meeting Postponed


The first day of the Waikouaiti Trotting Club’s meeting, which was due to be held on Thursday 22 February, has been postponed.

This is due to some surface flooding on the track as you enter the back straight.

The first day of the meeting has been postponed until Saturday 24 February, with the intention to hold the second day of the meeting on Monday 26 February.

An inspection will take place on Friday morning by the Racing Integrity Unit. If for any reason the meeting cannot be held on Saturday the two day meeting will be abandoned.

The track does drain quickly but obviously will be reliant on the weather over the next two days. Apart from the surface flooding the track is in excellent condition.

Start times for the first day of the meeting, now to be held on Saturday, will be updated on the Harness Racing New Zealand website this afternoon.