Winton Harness Racing Club - Sunday 18th February
- 18 February 2018
Meeting: Winton Harness Racing Club – Sunday 18th February
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1407m Surface: All Weather
Race 1: (3) Franco Noah
Race 6: (5) L J’s Jet
Best Value Bet
Race 3: (3) Grace O’Malley
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R7-10
Selections: (3) Franco Noah, (2) Kiwis Are Flying
Suggested bet: (3) Franco Noah
Comments: (3) Franco Noah impressive me a long time ago when qualifying, drawn well here and if the word floating around is right he’ll tough to beat.
(2) Kiwis Are Flying is another Canterbury raider who has good race day form and is fit to go, drawn well, quinella bet.
Selections: (3) Carlo Gambino, (4) Fun Sponge, (6) Honour Scroll, (8) Honour The Bet, (13) Vigoroso
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: Wide open field of maidens here and there isn’t much exposed form to go on, five runners for your quaddies are (3) Carlo Gambino, (4) Fun Sponge, (6) Honour Scroll, (8) Honour The Bet, (13) Vigoroso
Selections: (3) Grace O’Malley, (7) Svelt, (15) Rydgemont Milly, (4) Scarlett Lane
Comments: (3) Grace O’Malley can begin quickly here and put herself into a leading role, in this field she could be tough to run down.
(7) Svelt resumes here and has been going along nicely at the workouts, talented, can win.
(15) Rydgemont Milly produced her best effort for a while last start, she’s a talented trotter and with another run like that she’ll be there at the finish.
(4) Scarlett Lane can begin fast and has good manners, will be in a handy spot so place claims in this.
Selections: (1) Chitura
Suggested bet: (1) Chitura
Comments: (1) Chitura will be at short odds after impressing at the trials to run home in 55.5. Drawn well so should be winning this.
Selections: (3) War Admiral, (8) Jeddy R Ya Ready
Suggested bet: (8) Jeddy R Ya Ready - Place
Comments: If you’re brave enough to put your faith in (3) War Admiral then he should really be too good for this field, manners have let him down of late but when he trots the trip he’s pretty good.
(8) Jeddy R Ya Ready comes out of a good barn and looks a good place bet here.
Selections: (5) L J’s Jet, (2) Tact Maggie, (6) Mister Mighty, (14) Be Holme By Three
Suggested bet: (5) L J’s Jet
Comments: (5) L J’s Jet has drawn well here and a good performer at the recent workouts, at nice eachway value here for a horse that is set to break maidens in his next few starts.
(2) Tact Maggie put up a handy debut effort and gets the draw to work with here, if she can get an easy trip in transit she’ll be tough to beat.
(6) Mister Mighty heads south after a fair debut on a leader bias track, bit of money was on, multiples must.
(14) Be Holme By Three has drawn tricky but going the times at the workouts just needs to bring that form to the races and he’ll be a player here.
Selections: (5) Loma Jaccka, (4) Raksbet, (10) Indiana Dreaming, (11) Jody Direen
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: (5) Loma Jaccka comes out of a handy form race behind a nice one in Henry Hubert, this is easier and has drawn well over the short course, can roll forward and play a part.
(4) Raksbet has Blair Orange in the sulky and a nice barrier draw, there is only one place they are going and that is forward to look for the top, tough to run down if she doesn’t have to do too much work to get there.
(10) Indiana Dreaming was heavily supported in a fresh state, had to cover too much ground, fitness improving, eachway.
(11) Jody Direen is a handy pacer who will have improved with the first up run, Dexter Dunn in the sulky is a bonus, yes.
Selections: (2) Lawrence, (1) Ossessione, (5) Southbound Train, (7) Young Conqueror, (12) Especial, (13) Shezacullengirl
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella/Trifecta
Comments: Wide open field this, six runners mentioned below who are must have’s in your quaddies, a boxed quinella and trifecta around these numbers should go close.
(2) Lawrence, (1) Ossessione, (5) Southbound Train, (7) Young Conqueror, (12) Especial, (13) Shezacullengirl
Selections: (4) Mr Kiwi, (2) Shelby Bromac, (5) Kiwi On Show, (14) Vin Scully
Suggested bet: (4) Mr Kiwi
Comments: (4) Mr Kiwi made an impression with a handy debut win, spelled after that and has return in good nick at the workouts, eachway claims.
(2) Shelby Bromac is consistent as they come without winning, drawn well here, another forward showing expected.
(5) Kiwi On Show has the gate speed to lead here, that will give her a huge chance.
(14) Vin Scully was out classed last start by a good one, kept fighting to finish 2nd, no Henry Hubert’s here, eachway.
Selections: (4) Nightmarch, (1) John Coltrane, (3) Repartee
Suggested bet: (4) Nightmarch
Comments: (4) Nightmarch has to be close to a win, continues to find one better so he’s a solid place chance but we have the fingers crossed for connections that he can finally pick up a photo.
(1) John Coltrane has been well supported in recent starts, best draw in a while, eachway claims.
(3) Repartee put in a good enough run last start to point to a forward showing here, eachway bet.