Oamaru Harness Racing Club - Saturday 17th February
- 17 February 2018
Meeting: Oamaru Harness Racing Club Inc – Saturday 17th February
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1800m Surface: Grass
Race 2: (12) Princess Holly
Race 9: (4) Two Ply
Race 11: (6) It’s Elvis
Best Value Bet
Race 1: (6) Brian
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R9-12
Selections: (6) Brian, (17) Majestic Hurricane, (14) BJ Lindenny, (10) Ardee Trouble
Comments: (6) Brian did well on debut and has great stand start manners which will help in this large field, if he can roll to the top he’ll give them something to catch.
(17) Majestic Hurricane drops back from racing a handy bunch of 3yos at Geraldine, fitness improving, leading chance.
(14) BJ Lindenny put in a huge effort at Rangiora before being disqualified, stand start manners usually good, eachway.
(10) Ardee Trouble adds more interest to this race, from the strong Brent White stables this one has just found another horse better in the last two starts, looks a solid place bet today.
Selections: (12) Princess Holly
Suggested bet: (12) Princess Holly
Comments: (12) Princess Holly was always well supported last prep and put in some handy runs, she’s quite a big mare so the spell would have done her the world of good, solid run at the workout last week, tote watch but worth a eachway bet at handy value.
Selections: (2) Di Caprio, (13) London Delight
Suggested bet: (2) Di Caprio
Comments: The two relative newbie’s to the racing game go on top here, (2) Di Caprio was well supported by punters last week and just missed, handy barrier here and expect those punters to go again as this doesn’t look to be a strong field.
(13) London Delight is on debut for a good stable/driver combo, going always well at the trials and workouts, must have in this field.
Selections: (3) Just One Good One, (11) Stunin Love, (8) Proactor
Suggested bet: (3) Just One Good One - Place
Comments: (3) Just One Good One did well on the coast and has the gate speed to cross and be in this for a long way, eachway claims.
(11) Stunin Love comes out of some handy races and drawn well here, tote watch on this runner.
(8) Proactor put in a good enough run on debut to say that a maiden win wasn’t far away
MARKET WATCH: (1) Full Herbs is now in the stable of Brad Mowbray, drawn the ace so an improved showing wouldn’t surprise.
Selections: (10) Davey Mac, (14) Missie Castleton, (11) Tijuana Taxi
Suggested bet: (10) Davey Mac
Comments: (10) Davey Mac is the most talented runner in this field and is improving back to his best form lately, can bounce back into winning form in this field.
(14) Missie Castleton continues to put in solid runs without winning, last start was quite good for her and this field isn’t stunning by any means, a winning run wouldn’t surprise.
(11) Tijuana Taxi is talented and Blair Orange arrives in the sulky, latest runs have been good, quaddie must.
Selections: (6) Christian Lady, (5) Blingiton, (4) Glenisthebettor, (3) Scotlynn Justis
Suggested bet: (6) Christian Lady
Comments: (6) Christian Lady gets the services of Dexter Dunn from a handy barrier draw, sliding blinds go on and you’d expect Dexter to roll forward here and be tough to run down.
(5) Blingiton is a sit sprinter who can unleash a handy sprint on the grass, if they bowl along in front about that will only help the chances of this fella.
(4) Glenisthebettor is a must have in multiples as she is capable on her day of sneaking into the finish at tidy place odds.
(3) Scotlynn Justis was a touch unlucky last start, drawn well in an average field, must be respected.
Selections: (4) Groomsman, (2) Buckeye, (9) Magical Moe, (11) Nearis Green, (13) Highland Girl
Comments: Can’t split the following five runners, they are all must have in multiples and your winner should come from one of these.
(4) Groomsman, (2) Buckeye, (9) Magical Moe, (11) Nearis Green, (13) Highland Girl
Selections: (6) That’s The Story, (3) Di’z Luck, (10) Sarah Palin
Suggested bet: (6) That’s The Story
Comments: (6) That’s The Story was an impressive winner on debut and has recently been purchased by clients of the Jonny Cox/ Tim Butt stable, no reason he won’t win again.
(3) Di’z Luck unlucky last time to the races, drawn well, leading hope.
(10) Sarah Palin is on her farewell tour of the country, she loves the grass and was a super run fresh up, course stats are stunning and she’ll put her best foot forward here.
Selections: (4) Two Ply, (7) Jakira, (8) Denstown
Suggested bet: (4) Two Ply
Comments: (4) Two Ply is a new comer to the Brad Williamson barn and has only just been beaten the last couple, good barrier draw with a leading junior on, tough to beat.
(7) Jakira & (8) Denstown are both last start winners from handy stables, drawn out wide but are must haves in your trifecta and first four bets.
Selections: (10) Don Domingo, (11) Hopes And Dreams, (7) Acolyte
Suggested bet: (10) Don Domingo
Comments: (10) Don Domingo comes out of better fields then this and will love the 3000m, leading chance in this.
(11) Hopes And Dreams put in a good run in the Invercargill Cup, this is a lot easier, quinella bet.
(7) Acolyte loves this course and distance, has a handicap advantage over the more favoured runners, eachway claims.
Selections: (6) It’s Elvis, (3) We’ll Meet Again, (4) Soney Beatt, (9) Valmagne
Suggested bet: (6) It’s Elvis
Comments: (6) It’s Elvis run into a wall last start and still isn’t out, small field here so he’ll get his chance to win especially with Blair Orange sticking with him.
(3) We’ll Meet Again is Mr Consistent lately, another top four run is expected.
(4) Soney Beatt off the front mark could bowl to the top and be tough to run down, must be respected.
The old (9) Valmagne a couple of years ago would have dominated this field, he’s been going nicely without much luck in recent starts since his latest win, good enough to beat this field on his day.
Selections: (3) Frankie D, (4) Rah De Rah, (1) Miss You, (2) Calendar Girlz
Suggested bet: (3) Frankie D - Eachway
Comments: It’s the Jonny Cox/Tim Butt duo of (3) Frankie D & (4) Rah De Rah that are on top here, Frankie will boom the gate and be in front for a long way, if he settles then he’ll make himself almighty tough to beat off the front. Rah De Rah should be able to find a handy spot from the draw, going well recently, eachway claims.
(1) Miss You was well supported last start and gets a handy barrier to work with here, shouldn’t be any worse than three back on the pegs which gives them a huge chance here.
(2) Calendar Girlz was disappointing last start after having several large bets placed on her, leading up probably isn’t her go so I’d suggest they’d be looking to take a trail today and have one last crack at them.