Gore - Saturday 10th February
- 10 February 2018
Meeting: Gore Harness Racing Club Inc – Saturday 10th February
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1600m Surface: Grass
Race 1: (3) Picketts Ridge
Race 8: (2) Jakria
Best Value Bet
Race 3: (10) Crusher Collins
Race 7: (11) Indiana Dreaming
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R9-12
Selections: (3) Picketts Ridge
Suggested bet: (3) Picketts Ridge
Comments: (3) Picketts Ridge has the best form in this event, best behind a nice one last time, nothing of that quality here. Should be winning in this weak field.
Others for your quinella and trifecta bets include (7) Nottingham K Two, (4) Pegasus Hanover & (1) Make My Day
Selections: (2) Gotta Good Looker, (4) Honour The Bet, (10) Carlo Gambino, (14) Honour Scroll
Comments: Wide open field and a whole bunch of them could win this, I’ve narrowed it down to four runners that you must have on your quaddie ticket. (2) Gotta Good Looker, (4) Honour The Bet, (10) Carlo Gambino, (14) Honour Scroll
Selections: (10) Crusher Collins, (6) Heavenly Love, (4) Scarlett Lane, (13) Davey Mac
Suggested bet: (10) Crusher Collins
Comments: (10) Crusher Collins provides the eachway value here after returning from two runs in Canterbury, the first run was solid from a bad barrier and last start she galloped at the start losing all chance, this field isn’t strong and she could pop up here.
(6) Heavenly Love trialled well and was set to go a big one at Forbury before that meeting was called off, leading chance in a wide open field.
(4) Scarlett Lane is Miss Consistent always around the mark without winning lately, this is a winnable race but must get the perfect trip in transit.
(13) Davey Mac is no doubt the most talented runner in this field but form lately isn’t flash, last start showed improvement. Can win.
Selections: (1) Arma Twospoons, (8) Tact Denzel, (14) Razcal Alley, (15) Hedonist Franco
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: (1) Arma Twospoons was well supported on debut and did well; expect those same backers to come back again which will mean she’ll be well supported, leading hope in this field with improvement from the debut run.
(8) Tact Denzel has continued to run solid races without much luck lately, can be in the money again here.
(14) Razcal Alley & (15) Hedonist Franco both produced handy efforts recently to show that they’ll both be winning maidens in the near future. Must have in multiple bets here.
Selections: (3) El Dienro, (13) Nightmarch, (14) Ellnbac
Suggested bet: (3) El Dienro - place
Comments: (3) El Dienro goes on top here with his gate speed and good barrier draw, drawn to head forward and make himself tough to run down.
(13) Nightmarch & (14) Ellnbac are finding it tough to win another one but won’t get a better chance than this race here on their recent form. Both drawn average but good enough to storm home.
Selections: (2) Blarney Babe, (4) Shindal
Suggested bet: (2) Blarney Babe
Comments: Plenty of talk around for (2) Blarney Babe who has been going along well at the trials and workouts, Mark Hurrell picks this one over Shindal who I expect to be the other major player here.
(4) Shindal gets the services of Blair Orange here and has drawn a handy barrier; sliding blinds took him close last start, leading hope.
Selections: (11) Indiana Dreaming, (5) The Go To Man, (6) Toby O’Gara, (10) Elva Jaccka
Suggested bet: (11) Indiana Dreaming
Comments: (11) Indiana Dreaming is a former All Stars runner who raced some handy horses last prep, first up for Robin Swain here and drawn to be out of the early rush, leading junior on, liked.
(5) The Go To Man put in a black book run in southland two starts ago then produced a super run at Addington, they went 3.11.9 overall for the 2600m that night and this guy covered his last mile in 1.56.04 on the StrideMASTER clock. Drawn in the middle which doesn’t help has he’ll probably go back and spot the leaders plenty, grass track isn’t a worry and if he’s not too far off them he can come storming home.
(6) Toby O’Gara had a tough run last time and fitness told, expect improve here from a handy barn.
(10) Elva Jaccka won well two starts ago, Matt Anderson jumps in the gig, multiples must.
Selections: (2) Jakira
Suggested bet: (2) Jakira
Comments: (2) Jakira was smashed in the betting at Forbury last time but the meeting was abandoned due to bad weather, TAB will be happy as they’ve opened him short today and first up for Graeme Anderson speaks. Dexter Dunn in the cart, will head forward and be tough to run down.
Place claims behind him below to (1) Martin McGuinness, (3) Vera’s Delight, (4) It’s All Over Now, (12) Mr Handleman
Selections: (13) Jen Jaccka, (14) Smokey Mac
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: The two Brett Gray runners (13) Jen Jaccka & (14) Smokey Mac are the most talented runners here and even off the 40m back mark they’ll both be tough to beat, it all depends on early manners here. Tough to split them as I think they are both going as good as each other.
Selections: (11) Star Commander, (6) Gotta Del, (7) Pass The Speights, (9) Shezacullengirl
Suggested bet: (11) Star Commander
Comments: (11) Star Commander has been sent down by Nigel McGrath and must be respected here on what the stable mates did recently when sent down here. 20m back mark a help on his standing start debut, Blair Orange in the bike, tough to beat.
(6) Gotta Del is getting back to her best form and drawn the front row here she can upset the more favoured runners.
(7) Pass The Speights has come back this prep with a spring in his step, leading chance here.
(9) Shezacullengirl is a talented mare well down on form, stand start isn’t a help but good enough to win this with a safe beginning.
Selections: (14) Somejoy
Suggested bet: (14) Somejoy
Comments: (14) Somejoy drops back out of racing the best mares in NZ which means she should really be winning this event even from the bad barrier.
(12) Envious put up a big run in fresh state, upset claims here.
Selections: (1) Mighty Empire, (6) Jabali, (2) Cullens Avenue
Suggested bet: (1) Mighty Empire
Comments: (1) Mighty Empire has been racing without much luck of late, this field isn’t too strong and from a handy barrier she could be paying over’s.
(6) Jabali is not a fan of winning, he’s a big fan of putting in super runs to keep you interested and if you’ve place punted him throughout his career you’d probably be in front but wins don’t come too often, eachway claims again here.
(2) Cullens Avenue drops back in grade and gets a good barrier, will look to roll forward and could be tough to run down.