Amberley – Tuesday 6th February
- 06 February 2018
Meeting: Amberley Trotting Club Inc – Tuesday 6th February
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1764m Surface: Grass
Race 3: (1) It’s A Deal
Race 5: (3) Denstown
Race 10: (16) Bettor’s Heart
Best Value Bet
Race 7: (3) Stompem
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R8-11
Selections: (12) Rachmaninov, (2) BJ Lindenny, (16) Borntobeastar, (7) Skyline
Suggested bet: (12) Rachmaninov
Comments: (12) Rachmaninov did well behind a handy one at Blenheim, has a stack of ability when right, Eachway claims here.
(2) BJ Lindenny can make a quick beginning from the tapes which will put him in a handy spot on a leader bias track, tough to run down.
(16) Borntobeastar did well fresh up to only just be beaten, place claims here from a tough draw.
(7) Skyline let himself down with poor manners last start, prior couple of starts were handy, manners key but can win this.
Selections: (12) Son Of A Tiger, (13) Roxy Star, (1) McCawsome, (10) Homebush Lad
Suggested bet: (12) Son Of A Tiger
Comments: A race dominated by the Woodend Beach trainers and David & Catherine Butt unleash a handy 3yo here in (12) Son Of A Tiger, he’s won his last six workouts/trials and looks almighty tough to beat here.
Just a stone’s throw away Regan Todd prepares (13) Roxy Star for her debut performance, she has trialled up nicely behind Son Of A Tiger on a few occasions, place claims look her go here.
Greg & Nina Hope line up (1) McCawsome who was a touch unlucky last time to the races, barrier one from the standing start might not be the ideal draw for him but if he was to step then he is a must have in your quaddie ticket today.
The Butt’s have two runners in this, Son Of A Tiger being the first and (10) Homebush Lad is the other, forced to do far too much work last start he can begin quickly and with a handy run in transit he could spice up your trifecta.
Selections: (1) It’s A Deal, (6) Claus, (4) Regal Suzy, (13) Mordecai
Suggested bet: (1) It’s A Deal
Comments: I’ve lost track of the amount of times I’ve tipped out (1) It’s A Deal, he gets his best chance yet to win another race with this being a 5yo R40-R46 it isn’t a strong field and from barrier one he is set to get a nice draw. Jessica Young takes over the driving today and this could be the last time I tip him if he doesn’t fill a top three placing here.
(6) Claus will boom the gate and put himself in a handy spot, in this field Robbie Close may even decided to lead up, can win.
(4) Regal Suzy is flying lately in these types of fields, Dexter Dunn sticks with, respect.
(13) Mordecai resumes here for a new trainer and the draw could work out well, nice run at the recent workouts, win chance.
WATCH HORSE: (8) Highland Girl - Recent addition to the Regan Todd barn, drawn out wide but watch the tote on this one.
Selections: (4) Immortal Change, (13) Onedin Reign, (5) Tartan Roxy
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: Tough to see the winner coming outside of these three runners.
(4) Immortal Change is in super form and gets a perfect barrier draw today, Sam Ottley will take her forward and she’ll be tough to run down on this leader bias track.
(13) Onedin Reign found it too tough to circle the field and win on the last two occasions including a run on this track on debut. Is talented and can win but might have to cover too much ground.
(5) Tartan Roxy is on debut from a smart stable, well bred and going nicely at the workouts, can win on debut.
Selections: (3) Denstown, (2) Lets Hustle, (1) Shot In The Dark
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: A race dominated by the inside barrier draws, (3) Denstown, couldn’t cut it with some handy types at Addington last start, they went quick time and he appeared flat down the back but Cox took the shortcuts and he battled on well behind them, nice barrier draw today and this field is a drop back in class, can win this.
(2) Lets Hustle has been going well of late without being able to pick up a win, draw ideally here from the mobile, leading chance.
(1) Shot In The Dark has the services of Dexter Dunn and gets the ace barrier draw here, she’s drawn to get a beautiful trip in transit and can be an eachway chance here.
Selections: (3) Geena’s Girl, (5) Breaking Bad, (7) Beyond The Horizon, (11) Di’z Luck, (12) Loveyoutodoit
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella & Trifecta
Comments: I’ve selected five runners and my suggest bet’s here are a boxed Quinella and Trifecta. This is a wide open race and I can’t split the following numbers, all of these runners have above average ability and require manners to win this.
In number order they are (3) Geena’s Girl, (5) Breaking Bad, (7) Beyond The Horizon, (11) Di’z Luck, (12) Loveyoutodoit
Selections: (3) Stompem, (4) Art I Am, (2) Motu Bettor Be Quick, (5) Tufflittlerooster
Suggested bet: (3) Stompem
Comments: (3) Stompem could provide some value here in this field, it’s a competitive field with some horses in good form draw well. Dexter Dunn takes over the driving of this runner and has been going super without much luck of late, from a handy barrier draw they should end up in a good spot and be a player at nice odds here.
(4) Art I Am was well backed last start but had to do it the tough way, he can get out of the gate like he’s tied to it so if he rolls to the front he will be tough to run down.
(2) Motu Bettor Be Quick continues to put in solid runs of late from some average draws, drawn well here today, claims.
(5) Tufflittlerooster is another that leaves the gate fast, he could make it to the pegs first before handing up to the right one that would make him a solid place bet again.
Selections: (9) My Wee Man, (3) Diamonds N Cash, (6) Baileys Knight, (7) Clasina Maria
Suggested bet: (9) My Wee Man
Comments: (9) My Wee Man we just beaten by his stable mate in the Invercargill cup, it was a tough run that day and that puts him in good form for this event, eachway claims.
(3) Diamonds N Cash won well at Blenheim after a lovely piece of John Dunn driving, stepping up in grade here but has been handling every step up lately, wouldn’t be a surprise if he won again.
(6) Baileys Knight has put three victories on end including the Motukarara Cup last start, this is another step up but there is no reason he couldn’t make it four from four today.
(7) Clasina Maria has been racing a wee bit below her best of late, handles the grass well but not a fan of the course, rough place chance here.
Selections: (8) One Over Dover, (12) Sunset Peak, (15) Gee Up Neddy, (5) Bonnie Highlander
Comments: (8) One Over Dover has stuck form lately with a hat-trick of wins, trotters in form usually keep going on with it so there is no reason he can’t win again.
(12) Sunset Peak gets a bit of handicap relief here and is only off the 20m today, has a good sprint on here when needed, can bomb them late here.
(15) Gee Up Neddy did it all right last start and got the money, talented trotter but needs to be in the right head space, can win.
Similar comment for (5) Bonnie Highlander, she has serious speed and when the penny drops in the head she could be a open class trotter, manners letting her down recently but we’ve seen what she can do when she does it all right, value runner here.
Selections: (16) Bettor’s Heart, (14) Gore Bay, (3) Take After Me, (1) Copperhead Rose
Comments: (16) Bettor’s Heart was almighty impressive last start when finished second, this looks an ideal race for her and she looks hard to beat.
Other runners that have upset chances are (14) Gore Bay, (3) Take After Me, (1) Copperhead Rose
Selections: (6) Trailer Park Girl, (1) Mister Slick , (8) De Lancome, (12) Bobby T
Suggested bet: (6) Trailer Park Girl – Place
Comments: (6) Trailer Park Girl has to go on top here with her recent form, expect her to come out of the gate and look for the front, that will make her tough to beat.
(1) Mister Slick has another gate speed to hold up early and hand to Trailer Park Girl which should mean he sits in the trail the whole way and proves hard to beat.
(8) De Lancome is a well bred filly and starting to show her worth of late, horrible barrier draw but has the ability to cop it in this field.
(12) Bobby T could finish off a good day for Ross Cameron here, this fella hasn’t had much luck in this recent starts and gets into a winnable race here, can upset them.