Geraldine – Saturday 3rd February
- 03 February 2018
Meeting: Geraldine Trotting Club – Saturday 3rd February
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1678m Surface: Grass
Race 2: (6) Ardee Trouble
Race 6: (6) Official Don
Best Value Bet
Race 5: (1) Loissonya
Race 8: (8) Highland Reign
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R7-10
Selections: (13) Eja Patron, (5) Veneto, (10) Westar Sam, (8) Russian Express
Suggested bet: (13) Eja Patron – Place
Comments: (13) Eja Patron gets into this race quite well, worked too hard last time but the speed will be on here and he’ll get one last crack at them.
The Kennett pair of (5) Veneto & (10) Westar Sam are both in strong form, Veneto is drawn handy and will possibly head forward while Westar Sam will need all the luck after drawing the inside of the back row. Eachway claims to both of them.
(8) Russian Express toughed it out last time and won well, drawn really wide but can win again.
Selections: (6) Ardee Trouble, (1) Still Eyre, (9) Zoned Scarlett, (10) Well Defined
Suggested bet: (6) Ardee Trouble - Eachway
Comments: (6) Ardee Trouble looks the hardest to beat in this field after a really strong debut run for second. From the strong Brent White barn and this isn’t a strong maiden, tough to roll.
It’s still a maiden trot though so it’s tough to label one, other runners with winning chances are (1) Still Eyre, (9) Zoned Scarlett & (10) Well Defined.
Selections: (6) Proactor, (2) Silent Shadow, (1) Doc Seelster, (8) Master Milano
Suggested bet: (6) Proactor - Eachway
Comments: (6) Proactor is on debut from the Barron barn and although drawn out wide this is only a small field, he has trialled up nice enough hand this isn’t a tough field to start off in.
(2) Silent Shadow was a touch disappointing last time to the races, prior form was really nice, eachway claims.
(1) Doc Seelster will be well backed after his recent runs, drawn the pole so they’ll have options over the short course trip, must have in multiples.
(8) Master Milano trialled nicely behind Proactor, drawn to have one last crack at them, a horse o follow over the coming weeks.
Selections: (9) McLovin, (7) We’ll Meet Again, (10) Justamollyarcher, (4) Missie Castleton
Comments: (9) McLovin could sneak under the radar here at tidy eachway odds, his latest runs have been handy enough without winning but gets in well to this race with no higher rating horses off the back marks. Eachway claims.
(7) We’ll Meet Again continues to find one better recently but brings in some of the best form to this race, has manners so will be handy and tough to roll again.
(10) Justamollyarcher was well backed last time and got the chocolates, no reason they can’t double up here.
(4) Missie Castleton is in good form of late but hasn’t had much luck on this track, place claims with manners.
Selections: (1) Loissonya, (14) Victor Tango, (15) McCawsome, (11) Arma Twospoons
Suggested bet: (1) Loissonya
Comments: (1) Loissonya could provide Sarah O’Reilly with her first winner here, has good manners so should be able to find a handy spot early, this is just a 1950m stand so it’s a big advantage to be handy, form recently has been good. Leading chance here.
(14) Victor Tango has drawn average but can ping the taps when he wants to, if John Morrison can navigate his way through the traffic then he’s a blow out chance.
(15) McCawsome will be well backed after recent runs, drawn terrible but this isn’t a strong field. Can win.
(11) Arma Twospoons is on debut here and trialling well; trainer can get them up and running, tote watch on this one.
Selections: (6) Officialdon, (12) Back In Black, (1) Articulight, (2) Cullens Joy
Suggested bet: (6) Officialdon
Comments: (6) Officialdon made a big impression when winning his maiden at Motukarara, Dexter Dunn in the bike and from a handy barrier, he looks almighty hard to beat.
(12) Back In Black won his maiden really well on the grass but struggled with the step up at Timaru, still learning the game and with manners he is a place chance here.
(1) Articulight & (2) Cullens Joy have both drawn to get a good trip here; on the pegs over 1850m will help these ones. Place claims.
Selections: (8) Valloria, (10) Showgait, (11) Castlereagh, (14) Majestic Man
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: Feature race of the day is the 3yo trot and it’s a cracking field, I’ve struggled to put one on top here. My numbers are (8) Valloria, (10) Showgait, (11) Castlereagh, (14) Majestic Man.
The large race experience of (11) Castlereagh may make him the one to back eachway.
Selections: (8) Highland Reign, (2) English Rose, (13) Mad Lu Li, (6) Miss You,
Suggested bet: (8) Highland Reign - Eachway
Comments: (8) Highland Reign caught the eye went booming home last start, drawn wide but if they run along early then this sit sprinter comes right into it, has been racing better fields then this. Eachway bet required. .
(2) English Rose has been in good form lately without winning, drawn to be on the pace early and could be tough to run down.
(13) Mad Lu Li is doing a super job from average draws lately, gets another one of those but eachway claims again.
(6) Miss You got a bit lost first time up in grade last start, will be better for the run, place claims here.
Selections: (14) Westy Boyz, (4) Glenis Marie, (11) Highland Star
Suggested bet: (14) Westy Boyz
Comments: (14) Westy Boyz caught the eye storming home last start and might have just come to the end of his run late which could have cost him the win, a low racing race here and looks a solid chance even from the draw.
(4) Glenis Marie with manners she will step and put herself in a handy spot, form recently is strong, claims.
(11) Highland Star has a stack of ability when he wants to bring the manners, could be an up setter here.
Selections: (4) Dana Dawn, (1) Go Davey, (5) Ok I’m Bad, (2) Awaytocullect
Suggested bet: (4) Dana Dawn - Eachway
Comments: (4) Dana Dawn brings some really solid form to this event, can ping the tapes and put himself into a handy spot which will make him hard to beat in this even field.
(1) Go Davey has been going well without much luck of late, drawn to get a good run and the stable and driver are on fire.
(5) Ok I’m Bad & (2) Awaytocullect both come out of running the quinella in the Junior Drivers race last time, they both have similar ability’s so place claims for both of them.