NZ Metropolitan - Friday 2nd February
- 01 February 2018
NZ Metropolitan Trotting Club Inc - Friday 2nd February
Track: 1193m Surface: All Weather
Form Analyst(s) Andrew Fitzgerald & Ash Wright (With a drive in race 9 tonight Andrew is unable to offer selections for that race, any suggest bets or selections involving that race have tonight been selected by Ash Wright.
Race 3: (6) Master Moonlite
Race 6: (2) Major Trojan
Best Value Bet
Race 7: (2) American Tart
Best Place Bet
Race 8: (2) Crusher Collins
Early Quaddie R2-5
Late Quaddie R7-10
Selections: (2) Carlton
Suggested bet: (2) Carlton - Win
Comments: The first 2yo trot race we see so this will be a interesting watch especially with (2) Carlton in. The talk around this fella since he was sold at the yearling sales last year by Aldebaran park has been huge, formerly know as Aldebaran Carlton this cracking colt is the first foal out of the late Carl Middleton’s good mare Another Love. Mrs Middleton shares in the ownership of this colt so it would be a very sentimental win.
He has trialed well at the trials and workouts and Greg Hope had him up at Nelson for a trip away so he will be well schooled. Manners are a must as a 2yo but looks smart. Don’t be surprised if this guy picks up some of the handy races this season.
Behind him you will have to watch the trot but (6) Resonate and (5) Doff Your Can have also shown ability.
Selections: (8) Bringitonhome, (4) Governor’s Bay, (5) Kiwis Are Flying
Suggested bet: (8) Bringitonhome
Comments: (8) Bringitonhome was scratched last time when well supported, drawn the outside but in a small field and for the strong Dunn/Dalgety pair, watch the tote again.
(4) Governor’s Bay gets the services of John Dunn who is in great form lately and this guy put in a big effort last start for second, similar run takes him close.
(5) Kiwis Are Flying is in good form and a win wouldn’t surprise here.
Selections: (6) Master Moonlite, (8) Franco Texas, (10) Malik
Suggested bet: (6) Master Moonlite - Eachway
Comments: (6) Master Moonlite looks the clear standout in this field after his effort last week, has gate speed to burn across to the front here and Dexter is back in the cart, tough to see what else has a go at him and even if he hands up he should still land the trail.
Upset horse is (8) Franco Texas, at his best he can win this.
(10) Malik is talented but fresh up in this field, can win but would want good enough odds.
Selections: (2) Takitimu Express, (1) Gabby’s Star, (13) Anytime, (7) Cindy Bromac
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: (2) Takitimu Express produced a smart workout since failing last start, drawn well and likes this track, eachway claims.
The Robbie Holmes trained (1) Gabby’s Star is drawn to get a good trip and going nice enough without winning lately, upset hope at nice odds.
(13) Anytime performed poorly last time after a handy maiden win in good time, another shocking draw but is good enough to beat these if she is right.
(7) Cindy Bromac drops back out of a harder race then this, drawn wide over the 1950m the only issue.
Selections: (10) Harriet Of Mot, (8) Benchmark, (9) Amaretto Sun
Suggested bet: (10) Harriet Of Mot
Comments: (10) Harriet Of Mot was dominate last start against a similar field, even off the 30m back mark she looks tough to beat again.
(8) Benchmark gets the services of Dexter Dunn and the recent form has been good behind some handy types, 10m advantage over Harriet Of Mot tonight could prove crucial at the business end.
(9) Amaretto Sun resumes here and is talent, watch horse first up though.
Selections: (2) Major Trojan, (4) Heisenberg, (6) Spot On
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: Plenty of word around the place for (2) Major Trojan who is trained by Michael Purdon and has set the track alight at the trials and workouts, drawn well here and looks tough to beat.
(4) Heisenberg is a quality colt trained by Robert Dunn, drawn a touch wide in barrier four and showed little gate speed last time out so I’m expecting him to end up behind Major Trojan and in a small field if it develops into a walk and sprint this fella will have to be extra good to run them all down.
(6) Spot On blasted the gate at Ashburton and free wheeled along in front to rate a handy time, similar run makes him the obvious one for Trifecta players.
Selections: (2) American Tart, (7) Somejoy, (4) Better B Amazed, (11) Bonnie Joan
Suggested bet:(2) American Tart - Eachway
Comments: (2) American Tart finally cops a handy draw in a feature mares race, her last start victory at Alexandra Park was sensational and from this draw you would expect her to come out of the gate and find a lovely trip, serious player with a trip.
(7) Somejoy could blast the gate and run them along in front here, she’s a handy mare and rock hard fit so will be tough to run down.
(4) Better B Amazed rated good time in winning last start and drawn perfectly with David Butcher in the gig, win here wouldn’t surprise.
(11) Bonnie Joan has been the leading mare lately and drawn to punch through from the second row and lob a nice spot. Must have in quaddies.
Selections: (2) Crusher Collins, (1) Lightworkofit, (12) One Over Da Stars
Suggested bet: (2) Crusher Collins - Place
Comments: (2) Crusher Collins comes off the unruly and has a lovely draw to work with, did well last start to finish as close as she did, expect improvement with that run and she’ll get her chance here.
Dexter Dunn takes over the reins of (1) Lightworkofit who put in a tough performance last start and has the ace draw to play with, likes to bowl along in front which could make him tough to run down.
(12) One Over Da Stars is one of the best bred trotters in NZ and finally showed her true worth last start, similar run would see her go close.
Race 9: Ash Wright selects
Selections: (6) Gypsy’s Choice, (8) The Go To Man, (12) Linton Shard, (14) Black Art
Suggested bet: Boxed Quinella
Comments: (6) Gypsy’s Choice was well backed on the tote and fixed odds last start and just came up short after being a touch unlucky, drawn to head forward from the draw and she can get to the pegs she’ll be tough to run down.
(8) The Go To Man put in a big performance at Invercargill to come four and five wide on the last bend and finish it off for fourth, drawn wide so will no doubt head back and look to come with one run again.
(12) Linton Shard went well at Timaru last time out and drawn to do no work early, sit sprinter so ideal spot.
(14) Black Art won well at Blenheim from the unruly, still on the unruly today but will mean he’s out of the early burn, can win with a drag into it.
Selections: (7) Ocean Ridge, (9) Friend, (10) Diamond Life
Suggested bet: (7) Ocean Ridge - Eachway
Comments:(7) Ocean Ridge was well backed fresh up and won well, punters followed their money last start and he did well. Expected to be well backed tonight and looks a leading chance.
(9) Friend is unbeaten but cops a horrible draw for tonight’s event, will have to be really good to win from there, place claims.
(10) Diamond Life did well last time out at nice money for the new stable, drawn to do no work early and needs them to run along a bit in front, if they do that then place claims look likely.