Waikato Bay Of Plenty Harness - Sunday 28th January
- 28 January 2018
Meeting: Waikato Bay Of Plenty Harness - Sunday 28th January
Form Analyst: Andrew Fitzgerald
Track Distance: 1800m Surface: Grass
Race 6: (4) Tahlia Franco
Race 10: (7) Loud An Proud
Best Value Bet
Race 9: (8) Atom Hanover
Early Quaddie 2-5
Late Quaddie 7-10
Selections: (10) Dauntless, (4) Malaga Spur, (5) Amabede, (8) Meander With Pegasus
Suggested bet: (10) Dauntless - Eachway
Comments: (10) Dauntless gets into this race really well as the winner of five, this race is only 2100m so the 30m handicap is just that little bit harder to over come but with maidens off the front these back markers alway get their chances in these types of fields. Eachway value.
(4) Malaga Spur will improve greatly with the fresh up performance for third, off the front and if she can step away early and be in the leading pack she could prove tough to beat.
(5) Amabede has been going okay without clearing maidens lately but has manners so will be handy most of the way, can win.
(8) Meander With Pegasus gets in here well with the junior concession claim, manners needed to perform here.
Selections: (1) Knights Desire, (2) Rose Belle, (9) Western Zephyr, (4) Rock N Roll Patron
Suggested bet: (1) Knights Desire - Eachway
Comments: (1) Knights Desire is going along well without winning lately but gets his best draw in a while and it maps out like he’ll get a handy trip, eachway claims.
(2) Rose Belle was unlucky last time and gets a good barrier draw to work with, quaddie must.
(9) Western Zephyr was just beaten last time out, unruly draw over the 1950m means she’ll have to either do work to get around them or make up plenty from the back which can be tough to do at this track.
(4) Rock N Roll Patron is going along okay, will pick up a race somewhere at nice odds.
Selections: (6) Primus Inter Pares, (4) Makarewa Jake, (5) Jomo, (2) Mass Destruction
Suggested bet: (6) Primus Inter Pares - Place
Comments: (6) Primus Inter Pares put in a really nice run for second the other day on the grass, this is quite a wide open field and if he can reproduce a similar effort to that he’ll be tough to roll.
(4) Makarewa Jake could be the sneaky one here, in good form of late and over the short course of 2100m he could step and find the front, that’s his favourite role so could prove tough to run down.
(5) Jomo & (2) Mass Destruction are both in handy form and with the right run they can pick up another week deserved victory.
Selections: (6) Real Eagle, (8) Ohoka Maximus, (9) Viewfield Charon
Suggested bet: (6) Real Eagle
Comments: (6) Real Eagle is on debut here but this isn’t a strong field, trialing well from a handy stable, looks the leading chance.
(8) Ohoka Maximus has race experience including several nice runs at Alexandra Park, this is a drop back in quality but he has a wide barrier draw to play with.
(9) Viewfield Charon has shown improvement in the last two effort, drawn to do no work, place claims here.
Selections: (2) Massive Metro, (5) Lovely Buddy, (4) Monseigneur, (6) Galleons Victory
Suggested bet: (2) Massive Metro - Eachway
Comments: A wide open Junior field for the last leg of today’s multi.
Hard to split (2) Massive Metro & (5) Lovely Buddy with leading juniors on and horses in good form against better rivals, but in the small field (4) Monseigneur & (6) Galleons Victory can’t be left out if they bring their manners today.
Selections: (3) Tahlia Franco, (1) Gotta Moment, (6) Mrs Zippy
Suggested bet: (3) Tahlia Franco
Comments: (3) Tahlia Franco finally got the job done in the North after a trainer change, this doesn’t look like much of a step up and the driver is in form, tough to roll here.
New runner to the Doug Gale barn is (1) Gotta Moment and draws perfectly here to get a lovely trip, tough to beat.
(6) Mrs Zippy cleared maidens with a handy win, this isn’t too much of a step up, can handy it.
Selections: (3) Mo Casino, (7) Ideal Roman
Suggested bet: Quinella
Comments: A wide open Cup field but i think I’ve narrowed it down to two (3) Mo Casino & (7) Ideal Roman ran the quinella last time out and looks like they can do it again here, Mo slightly on top due to the front tap draw.
(1) Italian Delight, (6) Bettor Spirits & (8) Brydon Ideal all have trifecta and First4 chances.
Selections: (6) Eldolar, (5) Hunter Bromac, (8) Major Classic
Suggested bet: (6) Eldolar - Eachway
Comments: (6) Eldolar is a handy enough pacer who found some form with a good run last time behind Major Classic, drawn inside him today so could roll forward and make himself tough to beat.
(5) Hunter Bromac comes back from Alexandra Park after some handy form there, Grass track suits, eachway claims.
(8) Major Classic went bang last start to add another grass victory to his record, usually comes with one last run at them so if he isn’t too far off them at the turn he can boom home.
Selections: (8) Atom Hanover, (4) R Gee Bee, (9) Charlie Harper
Suggested bet: (8) Atom Hanover - Eachway
Comments: (8) Atom Hanover was well supported last time out when he galloped, draws the outside of the gate here but this is a very even field and he looks a leading hope.
(4) R Gee Bee is in good form of late without winning, drawn to head forward and put himself in the race.
(9) Charlie Harper is in good form and drawn to do no work, place claims again.
Selections: (7) Loud An Proud, (6) Kiwi Tintin, (2) Cherokee Warrior, (8) Brookies Prince
Suggested bet: (7) Loud An Proud - Win
Comments: (7) Loud An Proud was well supported last time and only just missed, fitness will be good now and in this small field he looks the one to beat.
(6) Kiwi Tintin goes well on the grass and a leading combo training and driver, can win.
Behind those two (2) Cherokee Warrior & (8) Brookies Prince are blow out chances in your quaddie