2019 Harness Jewels Conditions
|1||2YO Diamond for 2YO Pacing Fillies||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|2||3YO Diamond for 3YO Pacing Fillies||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|3||4YO Diamond for 4YO Pacing Mares||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|4||2YO Emerald for 2YO Pacing Colts & Geldings||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|5||3YO Emerald for 3YO Pacing Colts & Geldings||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|6||4YO Emerald for 4YO Pacing Entires & Geldings||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|7||2YO Ruby for 2YO Trotters||(Group 1)||$125,000|
|8||3YO Ruby for 3YO Trotters||(Group 1)||$125,000|
|9||4YO Ruby for 4YO Trotters||(Group 1)||$125,000|
All races are to be held at Addington Raceway on Saturday, 1 June 2019 – NZ Metropolitan TC.
- This is not a pre-payment series. There are no fees payable to be eligible.
- Open to all 2YO Pacers and Trotters that are passed from the Mobile start by Stipendiary Stewards and/or qualified as per qualifying regulations and started in at least one race that counts towards Jewels Fields Selection as set out in these conditions.
- Open to all 3YO and 4YO Pacers and Trotters that are qualified as per the qualifying regulations and started in at least one race that counts towards Jewels Fields Selection as set out in these conditions.
- All races to be from Mobile start over a distance to be confirmed between 1950m and 2000m The maximum number of starters on the front line shall be 8.
NUMBER OF STARTERS
- A maximum of 12 starters will contest these races. One emergency may be selected.
- All races will have a random barrier draw.
- All Pacing events will be for $150,000
1st $ 75,000
2nd $ 22,500
3rd $ 15,000
4th $ 6,375
5th $ 4,735
6th – 12th $ 3,770
- All Trotting events will be for $125,000
1st $ 62,500
2nd $ 18,750
3rd $ 12,500
4th $ 5,315
5th $ 3,955
6th – 12th $ 3,140
- In the event of less than 12 starters, any residual stakes shall be added to the prize money for the first five placegetters based on the following split of monies:
1st 62.5 %, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%, 4th 5%, 5th 2.5 %
- There is no acceptance fee.
- There is no late entry clause.
- The fields will be determined in the following order following the conclusion of racing at the Oamaru HRC meeting on 19 May 2019.
- In order of the highest stake earnings based on the following criteria:
- All earnings (including handicapping exempt earnings) for the 2018/19 season up to and including 19 May 2019 in New Zealand only for placings 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th only.
- All Sales Series stake earnings are excluded.
- All other Series stakes e.g. Sires Stakes are included.
- All stake bonuses (e.g. incentive bonuses) are excluded.
- 2. In the event of two or more horses having equal earnings, the following criteria shall apply:
Firstly (a) Most number of wins in the 2018/19 season up to and including 19 May 2019 in New Zealand only.
Then (b) Most number of 2nd placings in the 2018/19 season up to and including 19 May 2019 in New Zealand only.
Then (c) Most number of 3rd placings in the 2018/19 season up to and including 19 May 2019 in New Zealand only.
Then (d) Most number of 4th placings in the 2018/19 season up to and including 19 May 2019 in New Zealand only.
Then (e) In the event that two or more horses are still on equal selection criteria, the Harness Racing New Zealand Handicapper shall elect one by ballot under the supervision of a RIU Steward or Inspector.
- 3. In addition to the selection criteria above; one invitation will be made for each race from Australia. The invited horse is free to race in New Zealand prior to the Jewels while still guaranteed its place in the Jewels field. Should the invited horse decline the invitation, then a replacement invitation may be issued up until the conclusion of racing at Oamaru HRC meeting on 19 May 2019. Any other Australian horse is also free to race in New Zealand and qualify as per conditions 1 & 2 of the field selection criteria above.
- 4. Should no Australian invitee accept then the 12th horse in order of entry as per conditions 1 & 2 of the selection criteria above shall be declared in the field. (ie) It is intended that 12 horses be included in the field plus one additional emergency.
DECLARATION OF ORDER OF ENTRY
- Following conclusion of racing at Oamaru HRC meeting on 19 May 2019 the field of 12 based on the field selection criteria stated above will be declared. A further eight (next highest earners based on the field selection criteria stated above) will be declared right of re-entries.
- The connections of these horses will be contacted and be required to confirm in writing their acceptance of their place in the field by Friday, 24 May 2019 at 12 noon.
- Any horse that is withdrawn at any stage over the season cannot re-enter the field.
- Should more than the above 20 horses be required as a result of withdrawals or non-acceptance, the next entrants will be determined as per the selection criteria stated above.
- All horses will have been deemed to be nominated on confirmation of their acceptance to start.
19 May 2019: Declaration of Order of Entry following conclusion of racing on 19 May 2019.
24 May 2019 Confirmation of connections’ acceptance to start, deemed to be nomination.
31 May 2019: Right of Re-Entry closes at 5.00 pm.
01 June 2019: The Harness Jewels Race Day.
- Should any matter arise not covered by the race conditions or any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of the race conditions, the Chairman of Harness Racing New Zealand Inc shall act as sole judge.