When you shop with HRNZ, you enjoy confidence, however you need to choose carefully as we do not refund if you change your mind. If the Product is faulty we will meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
Harness Racing New Zealand Incorporated (HRNZ) will accept merchandise or promotional goods or products (Product) returns and provide you with an exchange voucher, refund or repair for goods or merchandise purchased through our website www.hrnz.co.nz where:
- The Product is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The Product is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The Product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present your receipt or other adequate proof of purchase
HRNZ may elect to return the Product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. HRNZ reserves the right not to offer an exchange voucher, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect. To qualify to return an item under this Policy:
- If the process is not followed HRNZ will not be liable for lost, misplaced, non-matched items that might be returned to HRNZ.
- If you return the goods then they must be in the same condition as they were sent to you.
- We have fourteen (14) days grace period where you must contact us to discuss any issues with your Product.
- Request’s for return after the fourteen (14) days grace period will not be considered.
- All qualified Product returns should be made via HRNZ’s official address (PO Box No. 459 Christchurch 8140 or 135 Lincoln Road, Addington) along with the invoice/receipt for proof of the purchase.
- The customer will be responsible to pay all the shipping costs for returns or exchanges. The shipping costs are non-refundable.
- If the cost of the Product is more than $75, the customer should consider using a trackable shipping method. HRNZ is not able to guarantee that the returning item will reach us.
HRNZ Reserves the right to: assess the condition and age of the returned Product prior to providing a repair, exchange or refund. This may result in a repair, exchange or refund being refused. Please note:
- Your original HRNZ receipt is the best form of proof of purchase.
- Refunds will be issued using your original payment method. Credit card refunds must be processed back onto the original credit card. Unfortunately we cannot offer a refund or exchange on Transaction Fees involving any horse or person or their participation at any race meeting.
Refund Processing Timeframes
If we issued a refund and the customer has not received the refund within a reasonable time:
- The customer must contact their credit card company or bank.
- HRNZ cannot be held liable for processing times of your bank, credit card company or financial institution.