Breeding Operations Manager
Breckon Farms are looking for a highly experienced Operations Manager to oversee management of their 70 hectare Standardbred breeding farm.
Located in the Waikato, Breckon Farms is a market leader which prides themselves on innovation and quality in both breeding and agistment.
Reporting directly to the Farm Owners, this role will be responsible for the overall leadership of the farm. The successful applicant will have previous experience in farm management, be highly motivated, a great communicator and able to demonstrate their ability to lead the farming operation in the following areas: -
• Implementation of the Farm strategy, business plans and sales budgets.
• Best practice animal welfare for 180 horses.
• Strong relationship management of all customers, trainers and suppliers.
• Support farm staff to achieve their objectives and goals through coaching, leadership and training.
• Implement all aspects of the breeding programme from sourcing bloodlines right through to sales preparation.
• Experienced in all aspects of foaling.
• Working with Farm Owners to develop plans for the future development and expansion of the Farm
• Ensure best in class standards are adhered to for all Health and Safety, OSH and MAF requirements.
• Ensure compliance to Government and local body council land regulations
• Develop monthly reports for the Advisory Board
• Overall responsibility for all farm employees which includes:
- 4 full time staff
- 10 casual staff at Yearling time
- 2 Marketing and Sponsorship contractors