2017 Harness Jewels Conditions
These races are to be held at Ashburton Raceway on Saturday, 3rd June 2017 - Ashburton TC.
|1||2YO Diamond for 2YO Pacing Fillies||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|2||3YO Diamond for 3YO Pacing Fillies||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|3||4YO Diamond for 4YO Pacing Mares||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|4||2YO Emerald for 2YO Pacing Colts & Geldings||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|5||3YO Emerald for 3YO Pacing Colts & Geldings||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|6||4YO Emerald for 4YO Pacing Entires & Geldings||(Group 1)||$150,000|
|7||2YO Ruby for 2YO Trotters||(Group 1)||$100,000|
|8||3YO Ruby for 3YO Trotters||(Group 1)||$100,000|
|9||4YO Ruby for 4YO Trotters||(Group 1)||$100,000|
- This is not a pre-payment series. There are no fees payable to be eligible.
- Open to all 2YO Pacers and Trotters that are passed from the Mobile start by Stipendiary Stewards and/or qualified as per qualifying regulations and started in at least one race that counts towards Jewels Fields Selection as set out in these conditions.
- Open to all 3YO and 4YO Pacers and Trotters that are qualified as per the qualifying regulations and started in at least one race that counts towards Jewels Fields Selection as set out in these conditions.
- All races to be from Mobile start over one mile. The maximum number of starters on the front line shall be 8
NUMBER OF STARTERS
- A maximum of 13 starters will contest these races. One emergency may be selected.
- All races will have a random barrier draw.
|All pacing races will be for $150,000|
|6th – 13th||$3,300|
|All trotting races will be for $100,000|
|6th – 13th||$2,200|
- In the event of less than 13 starters, any residue stakes shall be added to the prize money for the first five place getters based on the following split of monies: 1st 62.5 %, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%, 4th 5%, 5th 2.5 %
There is no acceptance fee.
There is no late entry clause.
The fields will be determined in the following order following the conclusion of racing at the Oamaru HRC meeting on 21st May 2017.
1. In order of the highest stake earnings based on the following criteria:
(a) All earnings (including handicapping exempt earnings) for the 2016/17 season up to and including 21 May 2017 in New Zealand only for placings 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th only.
(b) All Sales Series stake earnings are excluded.
(c) All other Series stakes e.g. Sires Stakes are included.
(d) All stake bonuses (e.g. incentive bonuses) are excluded.
2. In the event of two or more horses having equal earnings, the following criteria shall apply:
3. In addition to the selection criteria above; one invitation will be made for each race from Australia. The invited horse is free to race in New Zealand prior to the Jewels while still guaranteed its place in the Jewels field. Should the invited horse decline the invitation, then a replacement invitation may be issued up until the conclusion of racing at Oamaru HRC meeting on 21st May 2017. Any other Australian horse is also free to race in New Zealand and qualify as per conditions 1 & 2 of the field selection criteria above.
4. Should no Australian invitee accept then the thirteenth horse in order of entry as per conditions 1 & 2 of the selection criteria above shall be declared in the field. (ie) It is intended that 13 horses be included in the field plus one additional emergency.
DECLARATION OF ORDER OF ENTRY
Following conclusion of racing at Oamaru HRC meeting on 21 May 2017 the field of 13 based on the field selection criteria stated above will be declared. A further seven (next highest earners based on the field selection criteria stated above) will be declared right of re-entries.
The connections of these horses will be contacted and be required to confirm in writing their acceptance of their place in the field by Friday, 26 May 2017 at 12 noon.
Any horse that is withdrawn at any stage over the season cannot re-enter the field.
Should more than the above 20 horses by required as a result of withdrawals or non-acceptance, the next entrants will be determined as per the selection criteria stated above.
All horses will have been deemed to be nominated on confirmation of their acceptance to start.
|21 May 2017||Declaration of Order of Entry following conclusion of racing on 22nd May 2017.|
|26 May 2017||Confirmation of connections’ acceptance to start, deemed to be nomination.|
|02 June 2017||Right of Re-Entry closes at 5.00 pm.|
|03 June 2017||The Harness Jewels Race Day.|
Should any matter arise not covered by the race conditions or any dispute arise regarding the interpretation of the race conditions, the Chairman of Harness Racing New Zealand Inc shall act as sole judge.