2017 New Zealand Amateur Drivers Championship
These conditions govern the conduct of the NZ Amateur Drivers Championship. They are made by the Board, pursuant to the Rules of Harness Racing.
1. For the purposes of handicapping, the races on which the series will be determined shall be Rating Penalty Free (subject to clause 11 of the Handicapping System Regulations) to the horses winning these races.
2. The top six drivers will be selected from each of the regional competitions in both the North and South Islands to make a total of twelve drivers who will compete in the Championship set to be run over three races, at NZ Metropolitan TC 26 May and Rangiora HRC 28 May.
3. Each race in the series shall be restricted to no more than 12 starters plus two emergencies.
4. The re-entry time for Championship races shall be 12.00pm on the day of the meeting for a night meeting and 7:30am on the day of the meeting for a day meeting. Each race in the series shall be restricted to no more than 12 starters.
5. As far as possible the total number of races for the series shall be a minimum of three, with twelve starters in each race and with each driver participating.
6. The allocation of drivers for the first race of the Championship shall be made by random lot. In subsequent races the allocation of drives shall be rotated in accordance with the following table. Should additional races be run then the table below will be adapted appropriately by HRNZ staff in conjunction with NZADA.
|Heat 1||Heat 2||Heat 3|
7. Points awarded for each of the Championship races shall be:
- In the event of only 11 or less starters competing in a Championship race, points will be allocated from first place through to the last placed runner as per the above table.
- In the case of a dead heat of two or more horses sharing the same place, everyone will be given the score he/she would have received if he/she had been alone in that place.
- The driver of disqualified horses will earn 1 point only.
8. If there are insufficient acceptors for a race which prevents a selected driver from participating in any Championship points will be added to his/her Championship tally based on the following table
|Starters||8 or less||9 or 10||11 or 12|
9. In the event of a tie for any position on the points table, the driver with the most number of winning drives in the Championship races shall be declared the winner; if still tied the greater number of second placed drives and so on until the winner is declared.
10. All drivers must compete in all races in the Series, unless unable to do so because of illness, injury or exceptional circumstances.